Posts Tagged ‘Jennifer Aniston’
Less than a year after acquiring a pair of West Village condominium units for $7.01 million, Jennifer Aniston has sold them for a half-million dollar loss, the New York Post reported. The units, a pair of one-bedrooms on the 17th floor of 299 West 12th Street, were listed with Bruce Ehrmann, who recently moved to Prudential Douglas Elliman from Stribling & Associates. [more]
Former “Friends” star Jennifer Aniston has shelled out close to $9 million on a massive three-bedroom Gramercy Park apartment, according to Life & Style magazine, despite purchasing hair stylist Sally Herschberger’s former penthouse and another adjoining apartment at 299 West 12th Street earlier this year.
Aniston and new love interest Justin Theroux have been living at the West 12th Street duplex, but needed extra space as they are considering a family, Life & Style said.
As The Real Deal previously reported, Aniston was spotted checking out the apartment at 50 Gramercy Park North in August. If she really has purchased in the building, she would have received a key to the private Gramercy Park.
The Real Deal got word that Jennifer Aniston’s Manhattan house hunt continues, and her latest stop was 50 Gramercy Park North. We also ran into TV crews from “Selling New York” while checking out an open house at 83 Franklin Street in Tribeca, where the building’s loft-style, 2,000-square-foot units are commanding near five-figures per month.
And we sat down for lunch with the Brooklyn Historical Society, where some of the borough’s big-name developers updated their latest projects. Click here for more from The Real Deal on the town. — Katherine Clarke, Adam Fusfeld and Sarabeth Sanders
1. Jennifer Aniston finally closes on a West Village penthouse
2. Related’s Jeff Blau champions risk-taking in speech to college graduates
3. Gair2 at 25 Washington Street now open for business
4. UES office building at 1556 Third Avenue hits the market
5. Prime Boerum Hill property for sale
6. Washington Heights’ High Bridge Water Tower needs $2M in structural repairs
7. Art project would make New York’s housing projects look psychedelic
8. Chelsea homeless shelter secures longterm city contract
9. Fort Greene’s ABistro finally making moves
10. Will Smith’s trailer and portable gym are ordered away from “Men in Black” set on Greene Street
1. Brooklyn Heights’ 24 Remsen Street hits the market for $14M
2. SL Green Realty sees modest rise in 2010 bonuses
3. Commercial real estate sector unsupportive of Donald Trump‘s possible presidental bid
4. Court debates renewal of broker defamation claim against the Real Estate Group of New York
5. New owners of Moe’s in Fort Greene promise the bar will remain a neighborhood joint
6. The Bowery’s Amato Opera finally dismantles old sets
7. UWS Duane Reade will remove bright disco sign in response to protests
8. Gowanus nursery reopens at the corner of Carroll Gardens and Van Brunt
1. Pritzker Realty Group teams up with TriBridge Residential to expand apartment building holdings
2. Historic LI school building may be destroyed
3. Museum of Math needs a further $8M in funding to launch
4. Barclay’s Center arena to take center stage at annual Construction Safety Week
5. Shares of Jones Lang LaSalle and CB Richard Ellis fall
6. Jennifer Aniston about to close on West Village apartment
7. New York investment group’s bid on U.S. steel tower will not trigger city’s deed transfer tax
8. Sheepshead Bay church steeples to be stabilized, not demolished
9. Aloft Brooklyn hotel opening delayed to June 9
10. Williamsburg photographer captures decaying New York theaters
While Jennifer Aniston is widely rumored to be close to a deal on a $14.95 million penthouse at 2 Horatio Street, the apartment has yet to be taken off the market. In fact, this video from “Open House NY” shows Prudential Douglas Elliman broker Melanie Lazenby, who is marketing the listing, highlighting the four-bedroom, four-bathroom home’s virtues to potential buyers. According to the video, if she is buying the home, Aniston can look forward to a wraparound terrace, a handcarved fireplace mantel and views of the Hudson River. [Curbed] … [more]
In the video above about the country’s richest celebrities, HLN Showbiz Tonight looked at one of the places those bigwigs spend their money — New York City real estate. Sabrina Kleier Morgenstern, an executive vice president at Gumley Haft Kleier, said there are at least three celebs who are interested in New York City real estate — Nicole Kidman (who recently bought a fourth-floor unit at 200 11th Avenue for $9.6M), newly-hitched Kelsey Grammer (who along with his new wife, Kayte Walsh, checked out a $9.9 million Plaza condo) and Jennifer Aniston (who is close to a deal on a West Village penthouse).
Michael Bolla and Dennis Mangone — both larger-than-life types with rosters of high-profile clients to match — have joined the city’s largest residential brokerage, bringing in some celebrity cachet after the recent departure of a certain pair of Israelis.
Those are, of course, former managing directors Ilan Bracha and Tamir Shemesh, who until recently had sat at the helms of Prudential Douglas Elliman’s first- and fifth-ranked teams. Bracha left at the start of the year to launch the first Manhattan franchise of Keller Williams, while Shemesh followed a few weeks later to join the Corcoran Group. Shemesh told The Real Deal at the time that the similarly-timed departures were “purely coincidence.”
So too, it seems, are the new hires, as Elliman has apparently been after both Bolla, who had been running his own boutique brokerage operation for the past two decades, and Mangone, a top broker at Brown Harris Stevens, for years. … [more]
Shoe designer Stuart Weitzman and his wife, Jane, have purchased two adjacent apartments at the Upper West Side’s Park Laurel at 15 West 63rd Street for a combined $12.9 million, or more than $3,000 per square foot, each, according to the Wall Street Journal. The 31st-floor apartments, which have views of Central Park and were listed by Marlene Marcus of Brown Harris Stevens, went into contract within a month for relatively near their asking prices. The first unit closed for $6.1 million, a 5 percent discount, and the second went for $6.795 million, a less than 3 percent discount. Weitzman, famous for his celebrity fans, including Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Aniston, sold a majority stake in his company for $180 million in May. He has around 45 retail stores nationwide. [WSJ]