The most popular stories on The Real Deal Web site from 2009, based on the number of page views, run the gamut from a collection of the best and worst deals since the crunch, to a profile of the boom-time marketing wunderkind Michael Shvo, to the breaking news that the Setai joined the number of city projects releasing buyers from their contracts.
Here are the top 10 stories of the year:
1. Finding a bottom in Brooklyn
2. The best and worst deals
3. Where in the world did Shvo go?
4. Setai condo buyers granted right to cancel contracts, get deposits back
5. New York could see a double dip in residential market
6. ‘Vornado Tornado’ gets ready to land
7. Where are buyers backing out?
8. Fortress buys Sheffield57 at auction for $20M
9.The tallest green condo shoots
10. SL Green battles Levy, Chetrit in Chelsea