About the job:
The Real Deal is looking for a Art Production Coordinator to join our award-winning newsroom.
The coordinator will be responsible for creating art and posting news stories to The Real Deal’s WordPress-based website. This includes setting up text in WordPress, creating art, inserting SEO and tags and setting up slideshows and other rich media-type posts. The coordinator will also help the editorial team push out the stories on social media platforms and will help with general website duties such as organizing content on the homepage.
The ideal candidate is quick, highly proficient with Photoshop and WordPress, comfortable with juggling multiple tasks and interested in gaining business journalism experience. We’re looking for a creative, visual person who wants to grow within the organization.
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe Design Suite, including but not limited to Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Photoshop and graphic design mastery: Collages, cutouts, adding filters, touching up images, coming up with eye-catching art for breaking news feature stories
- Familiarity with WordPress or other content management systems
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Ability to juggle priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Basic HTML skills
What will make you stand out:
- Proficiency with Hootsuite, Sprout or other social media scheduling platforms.
- Ability to create illustrations and data visualizations
- SEO familiarity
- Interest in real estate, development, urban planning and business also a plus
Qualified applicants should send a resume and three art samples to [email protected] Please put “Art Production Coordinator” in the subject line.
Who We Are:
The Real Deal is the largest real-estate news outlet in the US, reaching millions of professionals daily through our media channels. We have received 60+ awards for editorial excellence over the past six years, including the General Excellence award from the Society of Business Writers and Editors.
Quantcast rates us among the 300-most visited sites in the US and the website with the wealthiest audience and one of the most educated.
As a publication, The Real Deal is to real estate what Variety is to entertainment or what Politico is to Beltway politics – a plugged-in news outlet that is read by the entire industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We partner with our employees to support diversity and inclusion in the workplace and through higher education programs supporting rising journalists.