HTG closes financing for 2nd phase of affordable housing project in Brooksville

CitiBank financed phase two of Housing Trust Group's apartment complex with an $8.4 million construction loan and permanent financing up to $5.2 million

TRD MIAMI /
Jun.June 03, 2018 11:00 AM

The Freedom Gardens apartment complex in Brooksville (Credit: Housing Trust Group}

Coconut Grove-based Housing Trust Group (HTG) closed on financing for the second phase of construction at a new affordable apartment complex in west-central Florida.

HTG last year built 96 units in the first phase of the construction of Freedom Gardens in Brooksville, and the company will finish building another 94 units in phase two by June 2019.

Monthly rents for the phase-two units will range from $480 to $997 at Freedom Gardens at 932 Freedom Way in Brooksville.

In nearby Spring Hill, the Coconut Grove-based specialist in affordable housing just broke ground for a development called Hammock Ridge, with 92 affordable apartments.

The phase-two construction work at Freedom Gardens will add four mid-rise buildings with 10 units set aside for residents earning 40 percent of the area median income or less, and the other 84 units for residents earning 60 percent of area median income or less.

CitiBank financed phase two of Freedom Gardens with an $8.4 million construction loan and permanent financing up to $5.2 million.

Other phase-two financing for the HTG project included $5.9 million of housing credit equity through investment firm Raymond James, and through the Florida Housing Finance Corp., a $5.5 million State Apartment Incentive Loan (SAIL) loan and a $493,000 Extremely Low Income (ELI) loan. [The Tampa Bay Reporter] – Mike Seemuth


Related Articles

arrow_forward_ios
Jon Paul Perez and Patrick Plunkett

Related scion launches new affordable housing company

Federation Gardens and Federation Towers (Credit: Google Maps)

Miami Jewish federation sells affordable housing for $60.5M

LeBron James with a rendering of Unknwn Wynwood (Credit: Getty Images)

Renderings revealed: River Parc master plan, Unknwn’s Wynwood store

Daily Digest Miami

1111 Lincoln inks retail lease with Yoyoso, Miami-Dade and Related Urban reveal massive affordable housing plan

Rendering of Sailboat Bend II

Affordable housing project in downtown Fort Lauderdale lands $27M loan

Commissioner Steve Geller and map showing areas of Broward County designated as “commerce” and “activity center”

Broward moves to expand affordable housing supply by amending land-use plan

JP Morgan's announces $5M investment in affordable housing in South Florida at the Black Archives Historic Lyric Theater in Overtown on Wednesday

JPMorgan to invest $5M to build 150 new affordable rentals in South Florida

Rendering of The Residences at Equality Park and Stephanie Berman

Financing in hand, Florida’s first LGBTQ+ senior housing development breaks ground

arrow_forward_ios