X


    NAME


    EMAIL


    SUGGESTED
    UPDATE


    [wpgdprc "By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website."]

    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    655 Fifth Avenue

    655 Fifth Avenue
    New York, NY 10022
    (212) 894-7988
    Website
    Office, Residential, Leasing/Rental

    The nine-story 1924 building between 52nd and 53rd streets offers 47,764 square feet of office and retail space. Retail tenants include high-end designer Salvatore Ferragamo, which has a lease through 2028 on a space with 50 feet of frontage on Fifth Avenue for its flagship store. Ferragamo also occupies the neighboring building, which it owns.

    Vornado Realty Trust acquired a majority stake in the building in 2013, taking about 92.5 percent of the property for $278 million, with the other 7.5 percent staying in the hands of Madison Capital.

    -NE

    • Year Built 1912
    • square feet 47,764
    • block and lot 1-01288-0001
    • BIN 1035706
    • Event Office Leasing
    • Address 1 East 52nd Street
    • Neighborhood Plaza District
    • Borough Manhattan
    • Square feet 15,441
    • Publication Date 12/01/2005
    • Event Date 10/22/2005
    • Party 1 Salvatore Ferragamo
    • Party 1 Brokerage Cushman & Wakefield
    • Party 1 Broker Tamara Galinsky, Joel Isaacs
    • Party 2 Celtic Pharma Management
    • Party 2 Brokerage Cushman & Wakefield
    • Party 2 Broker Alexander Chudnoff, Jared Horowitz
    notes
    Pharmaceutical industry-focused private equity firm takes entire seventh floor, relocates from temporary space at 110 East 59th Street.
    • Event Office Leasing
    • Address 1 East 52nd Street
    • Neighborhood Plaza District
    • Borough Manhattan
    • Square feet 4,000
    • Publication Date 03/01/2005
    • Event Date 01/20/2005
    • Party 1 Salvatore Ferragamo
    • Party 1 Brokerage Cushman & Wakefield
    • Party 1 Broker Joel Isaacs, Tamara Galinsky, Robert Tanzmann
    • Party 2 Ram Capital
    • Party 2 Brokerage Cushman & Wakefield
    • Party 2 Broker Tamara Galinsky
    notes
    Investment firm takes space
    • Event Office Leasing
    • Address 1 East 52nd Street
    • Neighborhood Plaza District
    • Borough Manhattan
    • Square feet 6,550
    • Publication Date 03/01/2005
    • Event Date 01/20/2005
    • Party 1 Salvatore Ferragamo
    • Party 1 Brokerage Cushman & Wakefield
    • Party 1 Broker Joel Isaacs, Tamara Galinsky, Robert Tanzmann
    • Party 2 W Capital Management
    • Party 2 Brokerage JLL
    • Party 2 Broker Mike Gerla
    notes
    Investment firm takes space
    • Event Office Leasing
    • Address 1 East 52nd Street
    • Neighborhood Plaza District
    • Borough Manhattan
    • Square feet 6,550
    • Publication Date 03/01/2005
    • Event Date 01/20/2005
    • Party 1 Salvatore Ferragamo
    • Party 1 Brokerage Cushman & Wakefield
    • Party 1 Broker Joel Isaacs, Tamara Galinsky, Robert Tanzmann
    • Party 2 Coventry Real Estate Advisors
    • Party 2 Brokerage Tenantwise
    • Party 2 Broker M. Myers Mermel
    notes
    Investment firm takes space
    • Event Retail Leasing
    • Address 1 East 52nd Street
    • Neighborhood Plaza District
    • Borough Manhattan
    • Square feet 10,000
    • Publication Date 03/01/2005
    • Event Date 01/20/2005
    • Party 1 Salvatore Ferragamo
    • Party 1 Brokerage Cushman & Wakefield
    • Party 1 Broker Joel Isaacs, Tamara Galinsky, Robert Tanzmann
    • Party 2 Zegna
    notes
    Retailer takes space
    • Event Retail Leasing
    • Address 1 East 52nd Street
    • Neighborhood Plaza District
    • Borough Manhattan
    • Square feet 1,500
    • Publication Date 03/01/2005
    • Event Date 01/20/2005
    • Party 1 Salvatore Ferragamo
    • Party 1 Brokerage Cushman & Wakefield
    • Party 1 Broker Joel Isaacs, Tamara Galinsky, Robert Tanzmann
    • Party 2 J.C. Partners
    • Party 2 Brokerage In-house
    notes
    Real estate firm takes space
    • Event Retail Leasing
    • Building Name Ferragamo Building
    • Address 1 East 52nd Street
    • Neighborhood Plaza District
    • Borough Manhattan
    • Square feet 20,000
    • Publication Date 12/01/2004
    • Event Date 10/22/2004
    • Party 1 Salvatore Ferragamo
    • Party 1 Brokerage Cushman & Wakefield
    • Party 1 Broker Joel Isaacs, Tamara Galinsky, Robert Tanzmann
    • Party 2 Cornelia Spa
    • Party 2 Brokerage Newmark Grubb Knight Frank
    • Party 2 Broker Dan Rappaport
    notes
    Cornelia Zicu will open spa on top floor and roof

    12/01/2014
    The company focused on expanding its holdings along Fifth Avenue, where it was already a major landlord. To start, it paid $707 million in December 2012 for the retail at 666 Fifth Avenue, and later laid out another $1 billion for the St. Regis, 655 Fifth Avenue and 608 Fifth Avenue...
    Loading...