The Real Deal New York

Landmarked Hamilton Heights church breaks ground on new addition

April 03, 2012 12:30PM

  • Print

From left: the exterior of the Convent Avenue Baptist Church (credit: PropertyShark) and a rendering of its new addition (credit: DNAinfo)

The Convent Avenue Baptist Church now has broken grown for a new addition to the building, Harlem + Bespoke reported. The church, located on 145th Street between Convent and St. Nicholas avenues in the Hamilton Heights historic district, will add a building with an elevator shaft.

Community Board 9 barely approved the proposal for the new addition, according to Harlem Bespoke, but the city’s Landmarks Preservation Commission also approved the changes.

The church was founded in 1942 and has 8,320 square feet of space.

According to Harlem Bespoke, neighboring residents wonder if the church’s new addition fits in with the context of the church. [Harlem + Bespoke] 

MENU

Subscribe to our email newsletters

New York Real Estate News
South Florida Real Estate News