The Real Deal New York

Sept. 11 Museum subcontractors to receive pay

April 19, 2012 03:00PM

  • Print

The Sept. 11 Museum (credit: 9/11 Memorial)

The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey, as well as the Sept. 11 Museum at the World Trade Center, will pay subcontractors working on the museum and memorial a total of $50 million, Crain’s reported. The Port Authority will send out a $15 million payment starting today to the subcontractors, though Crain’s did not mention how many of them there were.

The money comes as part of a pending deal to resume construction, Crain’s said. The work won’t resume immediately, due to necessary construction schedule revisions. The new completion date is June or July of next year.

As previously reported, a financing dispute over construction costs was likely to delay the opening of the museum, which was slated to be completed this September. About six months ago, work at the site came to a “virtual standstill,” according to Crain’s, after subcontractors who said they weren’t getting paid stopped going to work. [Crain’s]

MENU

Subscribe to our email newsletters

New York Real Estate News
South Florida Real Estate News