Two Trees’ Domino Sugar redevelopment project will have to wait a little longer to clear the its last administrative hurdle.
The City Council vote on the project, initially set for tomorrow, has been pushed back to May 14 for procedural reasons, the Brooklyn Eagle reported. Before that time, the Planning Commission staff will review modifications and changes approved in March, a source told the paper. This read-through will most likely happen after the commission’s public meeting on May 7.
The commission also plans to give a changed review board, charged with overseeing the programming of the project’s open space, a second look before making a final vote, another source told the paper.
The City Council reached an agreement with Two Trees earlier this month to allow for buildings up to 55 stories in height, and the Committee on Land Use signed off on the mixed-use project April 24. As part of the deal, Two Trees agreed to make the below-market rate section of the development affordable for families of four earning an annual income of $60,000. The site will hold 700 affordable units, up from the 660 units originally proposed. [Brooklyn Eagle] — Julie Strickland