The Real Deal Miami

David Nalbandian takes hit on Lighthouse Point home sale

Former tennis pro paid $1.6 million for house, sells it for $1.2 million

June 27, 2014 11:15AM
By Eric Kalis

  • Print
2540 Northeast 48th Street (inset: David Nalbandian)

2540 Northeast 48th Street (inset: David Nalbandian)

Retired tennis pro David Nalbandian took a loss on the sale of his Lighthouse Point home, The Real Deal has learned.

The Argentine, who at one point was the third-ranked men’s tennis player in the world, sold the 2540 Northeast 48th Court house for about $1.2 million in a transaction recorded on Friday, according to Broward County records. Nalbandian paid nearly $1.6 million for the property in May 2006.

Michael DeSiato and Jamie Ward are the buyers of the five-bedroom, 3,900-square-foot home, which was built in 1999. DeSiato has a 67 percent stake in the property, with Ward owning the remaining 33 percent. They received a $775,000 loan from Gibraltar Private Bank & Trust for the purchase.

Nalbandian played professional tennis for 13 years. His career highlights included a runner-up finish at the 2002 Wimbledon Championships and 11 singles titles on the ATP Tour.

MENU