The Design Center of the Americas in Dania Beach has signed on a handful of new tenants, including international banana brand Chiquita.
The leases total 45,500 square feet of office space split between two buildings. Among those joining is a finance company, two law firms, produce giant Chiquita, a security company and a collections firm.
Here’s a breakdown of the leases:
- Chiquita Brands International, commonly known for its Chiquita bananas: 14,500 square feet at 1855 Griffin Road.
- Sutton Park Capital, a finance company: 12,000 square feet at 1855 Griffin Road.
- Behar Gutt & Glazer, a Miami-based law firm that focuses on business, bankruptcy and commercial litigation: 8,500 square feet at 1855 Griffin Road.
- Alliance CAS, a collections firm that focuses on delinquent HOA fees: 5,500 square feet at 1855 Griffin Road.
- Ackerman Group, a security company that specializes in counter terrorism: 3,500 square feet at 1815 Griffin Road
- ABC Legal, a law firm that employs process servers: 1,500 square feet at 1815 Griffin Road
The landlord, Cohen Brothers Realty Corp., was represented in the deals by John Criddle of Cushman & Wakefield. Cohen also brought on in-house representation with Marc Horowitz, the company’s national director of leasing.
Criddle represented both Behar and Ackerman for their leases, while Horowitz negotiated on behalf of ABC Legal. The other companies were represented independently. Rod Loschiavo of Jones Lang LaSalle represented Chiquita Brands International. Andrew Easton of The Easton Group represented Sutton Park Capital. City Limit Properties represented Alliance CAS.
DCOTA is a 30-acre corporate complex with three office and retail buildings, totaling 775,000 square feet. It’s known for housing showrooms that feature upscale furniture and home goods.
Though the center is open to the public, showrooms are geared toward members of the design community, with registration and proof of identity “strongly advised” on the DCOTA website. — Sean Stewart-Muniz