The Real Deal Miami

Crescent, Related Group to hold off on condo tower

Partnership wanted to develop tallest building in Miami Beach

April 11, 2014 09:45AM

  • Print
Rendering of Alton Road condo tower (via Perkins + Will)

Rendering of Alton Road condo tower (via Perkins + Will)

Crescent Heights and the Related Group’s proposal to develop the tallest building in Miami Beach is on hold.

Russell Galbut, Crescent’s managing principal, told the Miami Herald the partnership is reconsidering plans for a 50-story condo tower next to the Alton Road flyover at the end of the MacArthur Causeway. Galbut cited the city’s desire to create a master plan for Alton Road as a primary reason for the decision.

“Due to the possibility of Alton Road being master planned in the near future, we have decided to follow this process before we make a final decision on whether to develop the site in accordance with our existing entitlements, pursuing the presently advertised project, coming back with a modified version, or perhaps building nothing at all in this time,” Galbut said in an e-mail to a South Beach homeowner group.

Former City Attorney Jose Smith released a written opinion last month suggesting a voter referendum might be necessary to approve the proposed condo tower. [Miami Herald]Eric Kalis

  • shen

    uh ohhh, I think what we said earlier is starting to happen, This is related maybe 4th project in the last couple months that is being stopped. Maybe because they are no selling out and a completely bull shitting everyone on the true numbers of pre construction sold.

MENU

Subscribe to our email newsletters

New York Real Estate News
South Florida Real Estate News