Coney Island amusement park operator Anthony Raffaelle, who was locked out by developer Joseph Sitt on Friday, says he’ll be back to work at the former Astroland site tomorrow. Raffaelle said that he owes around $500,000 in back rent, but that Sitt’s Thor Equities shut down the site without a court order. Raffaelle said he has paid about $30,000 in rent so far and has invested significantly in the site’s infrastructure.
Coney operator says he will reopen tomorrow
Developer Joseph Sitt shut down a Coney Island amusement park operator