Fifth time’s a charm? New prospective Aqueduct bidders emerge

TRD New York /
May.May 19, 2010 01:30 PM

Penn National Gaming might be gearing up for another bid on a contract to operate the Aqueduct racino in Queens, Crain’s reported, as are at least four others that have yet to be disclosed. The city issued its new request for proposal — its fifth attempt to select a builder an operator for the racino — last week and has since received more than 120 questions in response, submitted by five different prospective bidders, a spokesperson for the New York Lottery, which issued the RFP, said. “We’re awaiting additional information prior to deciding whether or not to participate,” Eric Schippers of Penn National said. Proposals are due June 29 with a minimum $300 million payment upfront and this time, bidders will not be allowed to lobby for their group. The last time around, Governor Paterson’s controversial selection of Aqueduct Entertainment Group for the project sparked accusations of foul play and ultimately led to the state backing down from its pick. [Crain’s] 

 

Related Articles

arrow_forward_ios
Jeffrey Gural, Tiago Downs (Credit: Fred Brown) and Gov. Andrew Cuomo

Casino players gunning for lucrative upstate licenses

Gov. Andrew Cuomo

In reversal, Cuomo wants to keep casinos out of NYC

Placeholder image

NYC casino could get Silver’s support

The Nevele Grande Hotel

Developer pitches Catskills resort that hinges on gambling license

Placeholder image

Willets Point convention center still in the works

OTB bankruptcy threatens Queens’ Aqueduct racetrack, but racino project forges ahead

OTB bankruptcy threatens Queens’ Aqueduct racetrack, but racino project forges ahead

Placeholder image

AEG sues to win back Aqueduct racino project

Placeholder image

Aqueduct racino is a ‘bad bet’ for New York: consultant

arrow_forward_ios
Loading...