Celeb photographer finds buyer for Greene Street penthouse after legal battle

TRD New York /
Jan.January 12, 2012 11:00 AM

Renowned celebrity photographer Ken Nahoum has finally found a buyer for his 1,800-square-foot duplex penthouse at 95 Greene Street, sources told The Real Deal today, marking the beginning of the end of a long legal battle with the building’s condominium board, which sued Nahoum in connection with $40,000 in unpaid common charges last year.

A buyer by the name of Richard Abrizi purchased the condo unit, Penthouse C, yesterday. The final closing price was $3.15 million, the sources said.

Nahoum and girlfriend Basia Milewicz, a Victoria’s Secret model, first moved into the 29-unit building in 1999 when they purchased a 1,231-square-foot penthouse for $1.4 million, it was previously reported. Over the next four years the couple purchased three more penthouse units in the condo, including the 1,800-square-foot duplex, Penthouse C, which was Nahoum’s fourth purchase in the building.

Nahoum and Milewicz allegedly ceased to pay the common charges for the four apartments in 2009, after they apparently failed to sell the first three units they’d consolidated into a 12-room penthouse for $25 million, and were unable to find a buyer for Penthouse C, first listed for $3.95 million by the Corcoran Group in 2008, and then for $2.75 by Brown Harris Stevens in 2009.

The condo board sued the couple last April and even embarked on a somewhat public campaign to humiliate them; at one point, residents of the building plastered a framed poster in the lobby, depicting the celebrity couple wearing superhero costumes with the words “Why aren’t these ‘caped crusaders’ paying their common charges?”

The status of the lawsuit was not immediately clear.

Ryan Serhant, a senior vice president and managing director at Nest Seekers International, most recently had the listing, which was asking $3.35 million. Serhant, who held a brokers’ party at Nahoum’s larger penthouse that was filmed for the Bravo program “Million Dollar Listing,” according to the New York Times, declined to comment.

The phone number listed online for Ken Nahoum Productions has been disconnected.


Related Articles

arrow_forward_ios

Billionaire sells Bridgehampton estate for close to $43M ask, iconic Springs General Store hits market again & more Hamptons real estate news

Jerry Wolkoff wants a new industrial building in Edgewood, former newspaper mogul’s Gold Coast mansion seeks $13M & more Long Island real estate news

Alex Sapir picks up $13M Chelsea townhouse for family member

Nest Seekers sues Compass’ Breitenbach over Montauk deal

Mike Fabbri, strategist turned agent, jumps to Nest Seekers

Construction worker falls at Soho development site

One of the last sponsor units at One57 just hit the market asking $29M

Ryan Serhant buys Brooklyn brownstone he was marketing for Jonathan Safran Foer

arrow_forward_ios