Sandy-destroyed Barbarini finds new home at the Lara

TRD New York /
Jun.June 20, 2013 06:00 PM

An Italian restaurant whose space was destroyed last year by Hurricane Sandy has found a new home: the ground floor of  the Lara, an under-construction mixed-use development at 111 Nassau Street.

Barbarini Alimentari, previously located on Front Street at Peck Slip, has been shuttered since the storm hit, but will move into the 30-story project rising at the corner of Nassau and Ann streets, the brokers who arranged the lease told The Real Deal.

The new iteration will go by the name Claudio Ristorante and Salumeria, said Stan Lindenfeld of Lee & Associates, who helped broker the deal. The 3,100-square-foot space had an asking rent of $100 per square foot, he said, and the spaghetti slingers have signed on for 15 years.

Lee’s Henry Goldfarb represented both the restaurant’s principals and Lara’s developer, Ann/ Nassau Realty LLC, in the deal, along with Lindenfeld. An additional 1,600 square feet remain on the ground floor of the SLCE Architects-designed development, which will offer 168 residential apartments, 30,000 square feet of office space and 5,000 square feet of retail.

The tower, long shrouded in secrecy, saw construction stall during the recession, Goldfarb told TRD previously. But the building should now be ready for occupancy in the first quarter of 2014.

 

Related Articles

arrow_forward_ios
David Baker of Baker New York, CoStar CEO Andrew Florance and James Wacht of Lee & Associates (Credit: Baker; CoStar via YouTube; Lee & Associates)

CoStar unmoved as NYC brokers seek discounts

CoStar unmoved as NYC brokers seek discounts
Fairway at 480-500 Van Brunt Street in Red Hook and the O’Connell Organization's Greg O’Connell (Credit: Google Maps)

Fairway landlord: Private-equity owners ruined Red Hook store

Fairway landlord: Private-equity owners ruined Red Hook store
Mayor Bill de Blasio and subway damage caused by Hurricane Sandy (Credit: Getty Images)

Program to rebuild Sandy-damaged homes needs extra $92M

Program to rebuild Sandy-damaged homes needs extra $92M
Army Corps of Engineers Commander Lt. Gen. Todd Semonite and flooding caused by Hurricane Sandy in 2012 (inset) (Credit: Getty Images)

A $119B seawall still might not protect Manhattan, critics say

A $119B seawall still might not protect Manhattan, critics say
Plans for NYC’s storm-surge barrier raise environmental concerns

Plans for NYC’s storm-surge barrier raise environmental concerns

Plans for NYC’s storm-surge barrier raise environmental concerns
Day in the life of: James Wacht

Day in the life of: James Wacht

Day in the life of: James Wacht
Hamptons Cheat Sheet: Hamptonites spend big to secure properties amid MS-13 fears … & more

Hamptons Cheat Sheet: Hamptonites spend big to secure properties amid MS-13 fears … & more

Hamptons Cheat Sheet: Hamptonites spend big to secure properties amid MS-13 fears … & more
Coney Island Hospital moves forward with $738M renovation plan

Coney Island Hospital moves forward with $738M renovation plan

Coney Island Hospital moves forward with $738M renovation plan
arrow_forward_ios

The Deal's newsletters give you the latest scoops, fresh headlines, marketing data, and things to know within the industry.

Loading...