Without a doubt London commands some of the highest real estate prices in the world. But it isn’t the only city in Britain that boasts pricey homes. Here’s a look at the five most expensive regions of Britain via Forbes.
1. London: Kensington & Chelsea, $1683.79 per square foot
Kensington and Chelsea are by far the priciest locations in Britain with an average price of £10,854 per square meter (about $1683.79 per square foot).
2. South East England: Elmbridge, $683 per square foot
Outside London, the borough of Elmbridge, in Surrey is Britain’s most expensive area, with average prices at £4,401 per square meter (about $683 per square foot).
3. East of England: St Albans, $596 per square foot
Benefitting from the ripple effect from London, prices in St. Albans in Hertfordshire have risen to £3,840 per square meter (about $596 per square foot).
4. South West England: Christchurch, $388 per square foot
Set on a natural harbor at the confluence of the Avon and Stour rivers, Christchurch commands averages of £2,499 per square meter (about $388 per square foot).
5. West Midlands: Warwick, $345 per square foot
Prices in Warwick in the West Midlands have reached £2,225 per square meter (about $345 per square foot), partially thanks to its historic buildings and corporate headquarters. [Forbes] – Christopher Cameron