Edward Minskoff’s Minskoff Equities paid $26 million to pick up a parking garage in the West Village that could be converted into a mixed use building with 41 apartments, according to property records filed with the city today.
The firm declined to comment. The sellers were the Marital Trust of Sydelle Yager Mitchell and the Wolk Family Limited Partnership.
The site had been home to the Jane Street M. E. Church in the mid-1840’s. In 1921, the New York Society of the Methodist Episcopal Church erected the two-story garage with a steeped-roof parapet, according to the Landmark Preservation Commision’s Greenwich Village historical designation report from 1969.
The property holds 31,032 square feet of buildable space.
Fred Spindler, the owner and operator of a handful of Park-It garages in the city, holds a 25-percent interest in the property as a tenant-in-common, records show. He had filed building plans back in 2006 to add five floors to the garage and convert it into mixed-use property.