Crown and Oxford pay $652M for rest of Olympic Tower base

Partners now own the entire office-and-retail portion of the 52-story tower

TRD New York /
May.May 27, 2015 04:05 PM

The Chera family’s Crown Acquisitions and Oxford Properties Group now own the entire office and retail base of the Olympic Tower, after paying $652 million for the remaining 50 percent that was owned by Onassis Foundation-related entities.

The mixed-use building sits at 641 Fifth Avenue and occupies the entire block between East 51st and 52nd streets. The upper portion is comprised of condos.

The partners paid $418.9 million for 49.87 percent in 2012, and has now purchased the other 50.13 percent for $651.6 million, the New York Post reported.

All of the 400,000 square feet of office space in the tower is leased to the National Basketball Association, luxury goods company Richemont, and Michael Dell’s MSD Capital. The 105,000 square feet of retail is occupied by Cartier, Armani/AX, H. Stern, Versace, and Jimmy Choo.

Aristotle Onassis, the late shipping magnate, originally developed the building. [NYP] — Tess Hofmann


Related Articles

arrow_forward_ios
Caption: Stanley Chera (Photo by Patrick McMullan/Patrick McMullan via Getty Images)

Stanley Chera, titan of NYC retail, dies of coronavirus

Stanley Chera, titan of NYC retail, dies of coronavirus
Stanley Chera (Credit: Patrick McMullan/Patrick McMullan via Getty Images)

Stanley Chera in coma with Covid-19

Stanley Chera in coma with Covid-19
Stanley Chera, Event Chairman

Crown Acquisitions’ Stanley Chera hospitalized

Crown Acquisitions’ Stanley Chera hospitalized
St. John’s Terminal and Dean Shapiro of Oxford Properties Group (Renderings via COOKFOX Architects)

St. John’s Terminal redevelopment secures $973M construction loan

St. John’s Terminal redevelopment secures $973M construction loan
Oxford Property Group's Adam Mahfouda (Credit: Mahfouda by Emily Assiran)

Oxford Property Group expands office, subleases space

Oxford Property Group expands office, subleases space
55 Hudson Yards, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg (Credit: Google Maps and Getty Images)

Here’s how much Facebook is paying at Hudson Yards

Here’s how much Facebook is paying at Hudson Yards
Vornado sells 45% stake in prime Manhattan retail portfolio valued at $5.6B

Vornado sells 45% stake in prime Manhattan retail portfolio valued at $5.6B

Vornado sells 45% stake in prime Manhattan retail portfolio valued at $5.6B
NEW YORK, NY - SEPTEMBER 14: (L to R) Stephen Ross, Chairman of The Related Companies, which is developing Hudson Yards, speaks with New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio during an event to unveil the plans for the new park at the Hudson Yards development, September 14, 2016 in New York City. The Hudson Yards Public Square and Gardens is set to open in 2018. (Photo by Drew Angerer/Getty Images)

Hudson Yards’ tax breaks are bigger than Amazon’s would have been

Hudson Yards’ tax breaks are bigger than Amazon’s would have been
arrow_forward_ios

The Deal's newsletters give you the latest scoops, fresh headlines, marketing data, and things to know within the industry.

Loading...