The Real Deal, New York City’s largest real-estate focused newsmagazine, is looking for a Video Content Creator to run our new video vertical.
Video is a new world for us, and we’re looking for someone to help guide us through it. You should be a ravenous consumer of digital content, with a good sense of where the space is headed. Someone who can constantly think of new ideas for video content, and then have the technical and time-management chops to carry them out. Someone who can react to the news with video ideas. And someone who is interested in telling stories about development and design in the world’s hottest real estate markets.
1. Constantly coming up with new ideas for video content — we’re looking for someone who can think in terms of video first, rather than simply translate print content into video
2. Shooting and editing interviews, audio slideshows, compilations, news packages, listicles, etc. We’re looking to do 1-2 videos per day, for starters.
3. Keeping up with the latest trends in video content
4. Working with web and magazine editors and reporters to come up with ways to supplement/boost our reporting
5. Shooting TRD’s panels and events
If this position sounds good to you, please drop us a line with a resume, cover letter, links to some videos you’ve done, and three video ideas for TRD. Applications can be addressed to Hiten Samtani, Managing Web Editor, at email@example.com.