Brooklyn’s Union Hall closes following fire

New York Weekend Edition /
Mar.March 26, 2017 03:00 PM

A fire tore through popular Brooklyn restaurant and music venue, Union Hall, Friday. No one was injured, but the damage was extensive.

“SAVAK were headlining Friday night, along with Lake Ruth, and alarms went off as they were finishing their last song,” according to Brooklyn Vegan. Lake Ruth member Hewson Chen told the blog that the “place is wrecked.”

A post shared by Union Hall (@unionhallny) on

The FDNY responded to the fire at the four-story building at 702 Union Street at 11:50 p.m., and the blaze was under control by 12:36 a.m., according to Gothamist.

The venue has since announced that it will remain closed indefinitely until they can assess the extent of the damage.

#unionhall is on ….. LITERALLY

A post shared by Justin (@justtt_lanzo) on

[Gothamist | Brooklyn Vegan]Christopher Cameron


Related Articles

arrow_forward_ios
A photo illustration of 1776 Nostrand Avenue (Getty Images, Google Maps)
Flatbush landlord sentenced in deadly space heater fire
Flatbush landlord sentenced in deadly space heater fire
Commercial Real Estate, The Hamptons, Fire, Southampton, Rental Market
Noyack homeowners issued violations following deadly fire
Noyack homeowners issued violations following deadly fire
(Illustration by The Real Deal with Getty Images)
Hamptons rental where fire killed 2 skipped safety inspection
Hamptons rental where fire killed 2 skipped safety inspection
101 Kennedy Drive (Loopnet, iStock)
Fire reveals over 100 violations at Rockland County apartment complex
Fire reveals over 100 violations at Rockland County apartment complex
Mayor Eric Adams and Jay Martin, executive director of the Community Housing Improvement Program (Getty, LinkedIn, iStock)
Adams to revive denounced sprinkler bill after deadly Bronx fire
Adams to revive denounced sprinkler bill after deadly Bronx fire
51 West 86th Street, 777 West End Ave., 3950 Blackstone Avenue (Google Maps, iStock, Photo illustration by Priyanka Modi)
City sues landlord for dozens of fire code violations
City sues landlord for dozens of fire code violations
Firefighters battling a 11-alarm fire at a chemical plant in Passaic. (Photo by Tayfun Coskun/Anadolu Agency via Getty Images)
Bergen County residents told to close windows after fire at chlorine plant
Bergen County residents told to close windows after fire at chlorine plant
333 East 181st Street in the Bronx (Getty Images, iStock/Photo Illustration by Steven Dilakian for The Real Deal)
Bronx fire survivors file lawsuit against apartment landlords
Bronx fire survivors file lawsuit against apartment landlords
arrow_forward_ios

The Deal's newsletters give you the latest scoops, fresh headlines, marketing data, and things to know within the industry.

Loading...