Israeli developer in talks for Brookland stake

Boaz Gilad recently bought out co-founder Assaf Fitoussi in subsidiary Brookland Capital

TRD New York /
May.May 22, 2017 06:20 PM

From left: Dror Nagel and Boaz Gilad

Israeli developer Azorim Investment, Development and Construction is in talks to buy a 25.5 percent stake in Brookland Capital’s parent company Brookland Upreal.

The news comes roughly two weeks after The Real Deal reported that Brookland co-founder Assaf Fitoussi agreed to sell his stake in the firm to the other co-founder, Boaz Gilad. The deal gave Gilad a 51 percent controlling stake in the firm. He is now in talks to sell half of that stake. David Goldberger and Eyal Yagev own the remaining 49 percent.

Brookland TRData LogoTINY, which specializes in small condos, is an active developer in Brooklyn. Since 2012 it has developed more than 50 projects. The company is developing a 67-unit condo building in Flatbush. In 2016, the company made $18 million in profits on $66 million in revenue, the Israeli business publication Globes reported.

Azorim, meanwhile, is developing a residential project on a 7.5-acre lot in Yonkers, according to Globes. [Globes] — Konrad Putzier

(To view a list of properties owned or developed by Brookland Capital, click here)


Related Articles

arrow_forward_ios
Clockwise from top left: A rendering of 88-92 Linden Boulevard in Flatbush, 554 4th Avenue in Gowanus, 850 Metropolitan Avenue in East Williamsburg, and 447-449 Decatur Street in Stuyvesant Heights (Credit: Brookland Capital and Google Maps)

Brookland Capital was never run correctly or efficiently, new
leader says

Boaz Gilad (Credit: iStock)

His development empire in tatters, Boaz Gilad finds a new job

850 Metropolitan Avenue and Brookland CEO Boaz Gilad (Credit: Google Maps)

Brookland Capital loses control of another Brooklyn development

257 Washington Avenue and Boaz Gilad (Credit: Google Maps)

Financially strapped Brookland Capital sheds another Brooklyn development site

Brookland hit with eviction notice at its office, suits over unpaid construction work

Brookland hit with eviction notice at its office, suits over unpaid construction work

554 4th Avenue in Brooklyn and Brookland Capital CEO Boaz Gilad (Credit: Google Maps)

Amid financial woes, Brookland Capital is selling another Brooklyn property

Icon Realty Capital will restructure a troubled portfolio of Brookland properties

Icon Realty Capital will restructure a troubled portfolio of Brookland properties

Under pressure: Brookland Capital selling Marcy Ave resi building for $22M

Under pressure: Brookland Capital selling Marcy Ave resi building for $22M

arrow_forward_ios
Loading...