Springs house burns down in chimney fire

May 31, 2017 06:07PM

East Hampton is down one summer rental. The 2,500-square-foot home at 99 Talmage Farm Lane was ablaze on Saturday, reported East Hampton Star, but the homeowners made it out safely with their pets. The fire was most likely sparked by a piece of paper in the wood-burning fireplace, which flew up the chimney and landed on the dry cedar roof, the East Hampton fire marshal said. Last year, the home, which has a pool on the property, was listed for $55,000 from Memorial Day to Labor Day. [EHS]