The Real Deal New York

Fire breaks out at Vornado’s 888 Seventh

Small fire started in kitchen of Redeye Grill
April 22, 2018 10:00AM

The Redeye Grill at 888 Seventh Avenue

A fire broke out late Saturday morning inside the restaurant at the base of Vornado Realty Trust’s 888 Seventh Avenue.

Fire officials said the blaze started around 10:30 a.m. inside the kitchen of the Redeye Grill, PIX 11 reported.

The fire started in the duct work of the ground-floor kitchen and then made its way into the restaurant, according to Patch. The fire was shortly put under control with one civilian suffering minor injuries related to smoke inhalation. [PIX, Patch] — Rich Bockmann