April’s top 10 retail leasing deals more than doubled March’s in terms of square footage.
The 10 biggest retail lease deals signed last month totaled nearly 313,900 square feet, up by about 185,100 square feet from last month’s total of 128,800 square feet. The largest retail lease in March was inked in Hell’s Kitchen.
1) Glasshouses, 660 12th Avenue, Hell’s Kitchen – 75,000 square feet
The events space inked a 30-year lease for 75,000 square feet of retail space at 660 12th Avenue for its second venue. Jay Cummings of J.R. Cummings Real Estate represented the landlord, Bay Ridge Auto Group.
2) Target, 1520 Forest Avenue, Elm Park (Staten Island) – 46,000 square feet
The discount retailer signed a lease for 46,000 square feet at 1520 Forest Avenue. Jeff Howard of Ripco Real Estate represented the tenant, while Brett Cooper of Kimco Realty represented the landlord in-house.
3) Well&, 4 Times Square, Times Square – 45,600 square feet
The amenity brand inked a lease for 45,600 square feet of retail space at 4 Times Square. The Durst Organization is the landlord of the building.
4) Forever 21, 435 Seventh Avenue, Penn Plaza – 43,000 square feet
The fast fashion powerhouse signed a five-year lease for 43,000 square feet of retail space at 435 Seventh Avenue. Jason Greenstone, Mike O’Neill and Taylor Reynolds of Cushman & Wakefield represented the tenant. Vornado Realty Trust is the landlord of the building.
5) Peloton, 5 Manhattan West, Hudson Yards – 26,400 square feet
The high energy indoor cycling company inked a lease for 26,400 square feet of retail space at 5 Manhattan West. Newmark Knight Frank represented the tenant. JLL represented the landlord, Brookfield Property Partners.
6) Swingers: The Crazy Golf Club, 1227 Broadway, NoMad – 22,000 square feet
The golf club company signed a lease for 22,000 square feet of retail space at 1227 Broadway. JLL represented the tenant. Newmark Knight Frank represented the landlord, Lam Group.
7) Blue Ribbon Group, 220 West 44th Street, Times Square – 16,500 square feet
The restaurant concept created by Eric and Bruce Bromberg inked a 16,500 square feet of retail space at 220 West 44th Street. Kushner Companies is the landlord of the building.
8) Alo Yoga, 241 Bedford Avenue, Williamsburg – 14,228 square feet
The yoga apparel store signed a 10-year lease for 14,228 square feet of retail space at 241 Bedford Avenue. Lauren Musacchio and Alissa Bersin of McDevitt Company represented the tenant. Peter Braus, Garry Steinberg and Jaime Schultz of Lee & Associates NYC represented the landlord, 241 Bedford Associates.
9) Lyceum Kennedy International School, 815 Second Avenue, Midtown East – 12,708 square feet
The institute inked a seven-year lease for 12,708 square feet of retail space at 815 Second Avenue. Arthur Mirante, Martin Cottingham and Matthew Pynn of Avison Young represented the landlord, Domestic and Foreign Mission Society of the Protestant Episcopal Church.
10) Peloton, 152 Christopher Street, West Village – 12,450 square feet
The indoor cycling studio inked a lease for 12,450 square feet of retail space at 152 Christopher Street. Ben Birnbaum and Ben Shapiro of Newmark Knight Frank represented the tenant. Patricia Dunphy of Rockrose Development represented the landlord in-house.