UPDATED: June 6, 2:13 p.m.:May’s top offices leases secured much more square footage than April’s. The top 10 office lease deals totaled 2.4 million square feet, larger than April’s top 10 leases, which totaled 1.9 million square feet.
1) Deutsche Bank, 1 Columbus Circle, Central Park South – 1,100,000 square feet
The German bank inked a lease for 1,100,000 square feet of office space at 1 Columbus Circle. Peter Riguardi and Ken Siegel of JLL represented the tenant. Frank Doyle and Clark Finney of JLL represented the landlord, Related Companies.
2) Facebook, 770 Broadway, Greenwich Village – 370,000 square feet
The tech giant signed a lease for 370,000 square feet of office space at 770 Broadway. Cushman & Wakefield represented the tenant, while the landlord, Vornado Realty Trust, represented itself in-house.
3) McKinsey & Co., 3 World Trade Center, Financial District – 186,000 square feet
The global consulting giant inked a lease for 186,000 square feet of office space at 3 World Trade Center. Silverstein Properties is the landlord of the building.
4) Blank Rome, 1271 Sixth Avenue, Midtown West – 138,000 square feet
The law firm signed a lease for 138,000 square feet at 1271 Sixth Avenue. The firm is taking the 15th, 16th and 17th floors of the 48-story building. Ken Rapp, David Kleinhandler, Tim Dempsey and Zachary Weil of CBRE represented the tenant. Ed Guiltinan and Jennifer Stein of the Rockefeller Group represented the landlord in-house, alongside a CBRE team of Mary Ann Tighe, Howard Fiddle, John Maher, Dave Caperna, Evan Haskell and Sarah Pontius.
5) McGraw-Hill Education, 1325 Sixth Avenue, Midtown West – 136,000 square feet
The educational publisher inked a lease for 136,000 square feet at 1325 Sixth Avenue. Peter Brindley, Douglas Neye and Sean Kirk of the Paramount Group represented the landlord in-house.
6) First Republic Bank, 10 Rockefeller Plaza, Plaza District – 130,000 square feet
The financial firm signed a lease for 130,000 square feet of space at 10 Rockefeller Plaza. The firm is taking the 3rd and 4th floors of the building, with asking rent of $170 per square foot. Tishman Speyer is the landlord of the building.
7) WeWork, 214 West 29th Street, Chelsea – 100,000 square feet
The co-working company inked a lease for 100,000 square feet at 214 West 29th Street. The firm is taking the 2nd through 8th floors of the building. Walter & Samuels is the landlord of the building.
8) Montefiore Health System, 1250 Waters Place, Pelham Bay – 96,500 square feet
The healthcare system signed a lease for 96,500 square feet at 1250 Waters Place. Simone Development Companies is the landlord of the building.
9) National Debt Relief, 180 Maiden Lane, Seaport – 95,000 square feet
The debt-consolidation firm inked a lease for 95,000 square feet of office space at 180 Maiden Lane. Tara Stacom of Cushman & Wakefield represented the landlords, MHP Real Estate Services and Clarion Partners.
9) Kroll Bond Rating Agency, 805 Third Avenue, Midtown East – 95,000 square feet
The credit ranking company signed a sublease for 95,000 square feet of office space at 805 Third Avenue. The company is taking the 26th, 27th, 28th and 29th floors of the 29-story building. David Carlos of Savills Studley represented the subtenant. Frank Doyle, Randy Abend and Cooper Weisman of JLL represented the sublandlord, Meredith Corporation. Cohen Brothers Realty is the owner of the building.
Correction: A previous version of this story incorrectly identified the owner of 3 World Trade Center. An earlier version identified incorrect brokers and the landlord of the deal at 770 Broadway.