June’s top offices leases secured less square footage than May’s. The top 10 office lease deals last month totaled 1.7 million square feet, smaller than May’s top 10 leases, which totaled 2.4 million square feet.
1) Discovery Communications, 230 Park Avenue South, Grand Central – 362,000 square feet
The media company signed a lease for 362,000 square feet of office space at 230 Park Avenue. Cynthia Wasserberger, Michael Berg and Joe Judge of JLL represented the tenant, while Bruce Mosler, Ethan Silverstein and Mark Mandell of Cushman & Wakefield represented the landlord, TF Cornerstone.
2) NYU Langone Medical Center, 1 Park Avenue, Kips Bay – 150,000 square feet
The medical center renewed and expanded its lease to 630,000 square feet of office space at 1 Park Avenue. Bruce Mosler of Cushman & Wakefield represented the tenant, while Vornado Realty Trust had an in-house team.
3) Department of Records and Information Services, 167 41st Street, Sunset Park – 132,814 square feet
The department inked a lease for just under 130,000 square feet of office space at 167 41st Street. Industry City is the landlord of the building.
4) Altronix, 140 58th Street, Sunset Park – 130,000 square feet
The electronics manufacturer renewed and expanded its lease to 130,000 square feet at 140 58th Street. New York City Economic Development is the landlord of the property.
5) New York University, 105 East 17th Street, Gramercy – 125,000 square feet
The university inked a 32-year lease for 125,000 square feet at 105 East 17th Street. Related Companies is the landlord of the building.
6) Jomashop, 140 58th Street, Sunset Park – 107,000 square feet
The watchmaker signed a 10-year lease for 107,000 square feet of space at 140 58th Street. New York City Economic Development is the landlord of the property at the Brooklyn Army Terminal.
7) Manatt Phelps & Phillips, 7 Times Square, Times Square – 80,265 square feet
The law firm renewed its lease for just over 80,000 square feet at 7 Times Square. Mitch Steir, Howard Nottingham and John Mambrino of Savills Studley represented the tenant. Boston Properties is the landlord of the building.
8) WeWork, 408 Broadway, Tribeca – 60,000 square feet
The co-working company signed a lease for all 60,000 square feet at 408 Broadway. United American Land is the landlord of the building.
9) Perkins Coie, 1155 Sixth Avenue, Times Square – 59,000 square feet
The law firm inked a 15-year lease for 59,000 square feet of office space at 1155 Sixth Avenue. Cara Chayet, Michael Wellen, David Kleinhandler and Ken Rapp of CBRE represented the tenant, while Rocco Romeo and Tom Bow of Durst Organization represented the landlord in house.
10) New York University, 1 MetroTech Center, Dumbo – 58,000 square feet
The university renewed and expanded its lease to 58,000 square feet of office space at 1 MetroTech Center. David Soles and Janine Wilcox represented the tenant in house, while Ali Esmaeilzadeh and Jesse Cooperman of Forest City represented the landlord in-house.
Correction: A prior version of this web article provided the wrong square feet for the NYU Langone Medical Center lease, and the incorrect address for the Discovery Channel lease.