June’s top 10 retail leasing deals more than doubled May’s in terms of square footage.
The 10 biggest retail lease deals signed last month totaled 516,800 square feet, up about 352,000 square feet from May’s total of 165,000 square feet. The largest retail lease in May was inked in the Plaza District.
1) Toyota, 660 12th Avenue, Clinton – 300,000 square feet
The car dealership renewed its lease on 300,000 square feet of space at 660 12th Avenue, which it currently uses as a showroom and parking lot. Bay Ridge Automotive is the landlord of the property. Events space Glasshouses also recently inked a lease at the location.
2) TeamLab | Pace Gallery, 51 34th Street, Sunset Park – 55,000 square feet
The Japanese art collective signed a lease for a 55,000 square foot gallery at 51 34th Street. Industry City is the landlord of the property.
3) Target, 5200 Kings Highway, Marine Park – 50,000 square feet
The retailer inked a lease for 50,000 square feet of retail space at 5200 Kings Highway. Jeff Howard of Ripco Real Estate represented the tenant. Ripco also represented the landlord, Bridges Development Group.
4) American Multi-Cinema, 2318 Broadway, Upper West Side – 42,713 square feet
The movie theater signed a 15-year lease for the roughly 43,000-square-foot theater at 2318 Broadway, a building it previously owned. Adam Spies, Kevin Donner and Hall Oster of Cushman & Wakefield represented the tenant. The landlord is Ashkenazy Acquisition.
5) Showfields, 11 Bond Street, Noho – 14,707 square feet
The direct-to-consumer retail outlet inked a lease for all 14,707 square feet at 11 Bond Street. Brandon Singer of Cushman & Wakefield represented the tenant. Jordan S. Claffey of RFR Realty and Christopher Owles of Sinvin Real Estate represented the landlord, RFR Realty.
6) Pip’s Island, 407 West 42nd Street, Clinton – 12,346 square feet
The children’s entertainment venue signed a lease for a 12,346 square foot performance space at 407 West 42nd Street. Nicole Paris-Suozzi of Nicole Paris Realty represented the tenant, while Robert K. Futterman, Ross Berkowitz, Pierce Thompson and Scott Zinovoy of RKF represented the landlord.
7) RPM Underground, 250 West 54th Street, Midtown West – 11,800 square feet
The karaoke bar inked a 15-year lease for 11,800 square feet 250 West 54th Street. Sung Cho of Midtown Commercial Real Estate represented the tenant, while David Zar of Zar Property NY represented the landlord in house.
8) Artists & Fleas, 568 Broadway, Soho – 10,251 square feet
The marketplace signed a lease for 10,251 square feet of retail space at 568 Broadway. Aaron S. Fishbein and Daniyel Cohen of Winick Realty Group represented the tenant. Richard Smith and Alec Stone of Winick Realty Group represented the landlord, 568 Broadway Properties.
9) Wholesale Organic Market, 801 Fourth Avenue, Park Slope – 10,000 square feet
The organic market inked a lease for 10,000 square feet at 801 Fourth Avenue. Jason Pennington and Kyle Irwin of Ripco Real Estate represented the both the tenant and the landlord, Alrose 801 LLC.
10) The Stand, 116 East 16th Street, Gramercy – 10,000 square feet
The comedy venue signed a lease for 10,000 square feet at 116 East 16th Street. The landlord of the property is Samco Properties.