UPDATE: An earlier version of this article omitted some of the brokers involved in deal #6 at 1619 Broadway.
August’s top office leases secured less square footage than July’s. The top 10 office lease deals totaled 1.3 million square feet, smaller than July’s top 9 leases, which totaled 2.3 million square feet.
1) JPMorgan Chase, 237 Park Avenue, Grand Central – 270,536 square feet
The bank renewed its lease for 270,536 square feet of space at 237 Park Avenue. The building’s landlord is RXR Realty.
2) Innovo Property Group, 1132 Oak Point Avenue, Hunts Point – 270,000 square feet
The firm inked a lease for 270,000 square feet of space at 1132 Oak Point Avenue. The building’s landlord is Commonwealth Industrial Parks.
3) WeWork, 21 Penn Plaza, Penn Plaza – 258,344 square feet
The shared workspace provider inked a lease for 258,344 square feet of space at 21 Penn Plaza. The building’s landlord is TH Real Estate.
4) Aetna, 161 Sixth Avenue, Soho – 106,000 square feet
The insurance provider signed a lease for 106,000 square feet of space at 161 Sixth Avenue. Stephen Bellwood, Adam Ardise and Steve Ernst of Cushman & Wakefield represented the tenant while Andrew Peretz, Brian Waterman, David Malawer and Brent Ozarowski of Newmark Knight Frank represented the landlord, Stellar Management.
5) Carlyle Group, 1 Vanderbilt Avenue, East Midtown – 94,367 square feet
The asset manager inked a 15-year lease for 94,367 square feet of space at 1 Vanderbilt Avenue. Greg Lubar, Steven Rotter, Joseph Messina, Steven Spartin, Jessica Berkey and Andrew Lutzer of JLL represented the tenant while Robert Alexander, Ryan Alexander, Sarah Pontius and Emily Jones of CBRE represented the landlord, SL Green Realty.
6) WeWork, 1619 Broadway, Midtown West – 75,000 square feet
The shared workspace provider inked a 15-year lease for 75,000 square feet of space at 1619 Broadway. Mary Ann Tighe, Sarah Pontius, Alex D’Amario, Zak Snider and Arkady Smolansky of CBRE represented the landlord, Brookfield Property Partners.
7) WeWork, 880 Third Avenue, Plaza District – 69,679 square feet
The shared workspace provider signed a 15-year lease for 69,679 square feet of space at 880 Third Avenue. Andrew Zang and Ken Ruderman of Savills Studley represented the tenant while Brett Greenberg of Jack Resnick & Sons represented the landlord in house.
8) Apollo Global Management, 9 West 57th Street, Plaza District – 69,000 square feet
The private equity firm expanded its 15-year lease by 69,000 square feet of space at 9 West 57th Street. The landlord is Solow Realty & Development.
9) BTIG Partners, 65 East 55th Street, Plaza District – 65,000 square feet
The financial services broker-dealer inked a 15-year lease for 65,000 square feet of space at 65 East 55th Street. Neil Goldmacher, Brian Goldman and Chris Mongeluzo of Newmark Knight Frank represented the tenant while Brian Waterman, Jared Horowitz, Ben Shapiro, Brent Ozarowski and Lance Korman of Newmark Knight Frank represented the landlord, Equity Office.
10) Rosenberg & Estis, 733 Third Avenue, Grand Central – 51,778 square feet
The law firm renewed and expanded its 10-year lease for 51,778 square feet of space at 733 Third Avenue. Michael Lefkowitz and William Byers represented the tenant in house, while Tom Bow and Ashley Mays of the Durst Organization represented the landlord in house.