September’s top 10 retail leasing deals totaled less than August’s in terms of square footage.
The 10 largest leases signed last month totaled 98,300 square feet, down 21,600 square feet from August’s total of 119,900 square feet. The largest retail lease in September was inked in Bushwick, and two other of the month’s top 10 deals were in Brooklyn.
1) Citi Bike, 124 Forrest Street, Bushwick – 30,500 square feet
The bike share company signed a lease for 30,500 square feet of space at 124 Forrest Street. Andrew Clemens of Ripco Real Estate represented both the tenant and the landlord, PH Noll, along with his colleague Ben Weiner.
2) Luminary, 1204 Broadway, NoMad – 15,000 square feet
The women-only meeting space provider inked a 12-year lease for 15,000 square feet of space at 1204 Broadway. The building’s landlord is Raizada Vaid.
3) The Squash Center, 25 West 39th Street, Garment District – 13,400 square feet
The Squash Center inked a 15-year lease for 13,400 square feet of space at 25 West 39th Street. Ellen Herman and Allison Buck of JLL represented the tenant while Arthur Mirante, John Ryan and Patrick Steffens of Avison Young represented the landlord, Thor Equities.
4) Pronovias, 45 East 58th Street, Plaza District – 10,035 square feet
The wedding dress designer inked a 10-year lease for 10,035 square feet of space at 45 East 58th Street. Virginia Pittarelli and Madeleine Naro of Crown Retail Services represented the tenant while Andrew Mandell, Richard Skulnik and Lindsay Zegans of Ripco Real Estate represented the landlord, 480 Park Avenue Corp.
5) Union Square Play, 36 East 18th Street, Flatiron – 7,000 square feet
The children’s education company inked a lease for 7,000 square feet of space at 36 East 18th Street. Mark Tergesen and Jennifer Bernstein of ABS Partners represented the tenant while Mark Tergesen and Charles Conwell III of ABS Partners represented the landlord, Four Roses.
6) Design Within Reach, 2162 Broadway, Upper West Side – 6,500 square feet
The furniture company signed a lease for 6,500 square feet of space at 2162 Broadway. Jason Pruger and Aaron Cukier of Newmark Knight Frank represented the landlord, Friedland Property Group.
7) Redemption, 102 Wooster Street, Soho – 5,000 square feet
The Italian clothing company inked a lease for 5,000 square feet of space at 102 Wooster Street. Stuart Ellman and Nick Judson of Judson Realty represented the tenant. Chris Owles and Sarah Shannon of Sinvin Real Estate represented the landlords, Soho Centrale and 102-106 Wooster LLC.
8) Possible Productions, 90 Hudson Street, Tribeca – 4,150 square feet
The production company inked a lease for 4,150 square feet of space at 90 Hudson Street. Lee Block, Danielle Winick and Renee Tabache of Winick Realty Group represented both the tenant and the landlord, 90 Hudson LLC.
9) Brighton Bagel, 3209 Coney Island Avenue, Brighton Beach – 3,398 square feet
The restaurant signed a lease for 3,398 square feet of space at 3209 Coney Island Avenue. Neal Schorr of Realty Insight Group represented the tenant while Daniel DePasquale of Winick Realty Group represented the landlord, Brighton 50.
10) Orangetheory Fitness, 485 Kings Highway, Gravesend – 3,300 square feet
The fitness center signed a lease for 3,300 square feet of space at 485 Kings Highway. David Goldschmidt and Jason Pennington of Ripco Real Estate represented the tenant. The building’s landlord is 485 Kings LLC.