No one can hold a candle to the beloved Alex Trebek — it’d be foolish to even try. Still, as “Jeopardy!” has been having some issues auditioning replacement hosts, we thought we’d try our hand in the real estate category with some previews of our upcoming weekend edition coverage:
- This 11-time NBA champion just listed his Pacific Northwest home complete with a huge bathroom and open shower — presumably large enough to accommodate someone nearly 7 feet tall.
- This Softbank-backed unicorn is partnering with an air taxi firm to convert its unused rooftops into futuristic runways.
- This California town devastated by wildfires is buying up huge swaths of hard-to-reach land to convert them into park land — and prevent more vulnerable homes from being built there.
- The expansion plans of this popular ski resort that once hosted the Winter Olympics were frozen out by an appeals court, which struck down the long-planned development over environmental concerns.
Stumped? Return to TRD all weekend long for the answers — or should we say, questions. In the meantime, make it a true daily double with two of our most popular picks from last weekend:
- This popular sneaker brand known for its allegedly calf-toning Shape-ups plans to double its warehousing and logistics footprint by next summer amid a boom in e-commerce.
- This retail giant saw its same-store sales fall short of estimates in the second quarter, as do-it-yourselfers spent less time at home than they did last year.
Be sure to answer in the form of a question and stay tuned for the TRD weekend edition where some of these will be revealed. The rest are just a bright red hyperlink away. Remember though, this isn’t real estate — just a game about it. So, no playing fast and loose with the rules.