Submarket Snapshot: San Gabriel Valley East

Los Angeles /
Feb.February 01, 2016 04:58 PM

The San Gabriel Valley East submarket saw its vacancy decrease slightly in the fourth quarter, according to a report for Colliers International. The total vacancy across its 101 buildings, which total 6.8 million square feet of office space, was 13.6 percent, down from 14.4 percent in the previous quarter.

The submarket saw 77,000 square feet of leasing activity in the fourth quarter, and a net absorption of 49,500 square feet.

It is an inexpensive submarket for tenants. Asking rents in the fourth quarter averaged $2.13 a square foot a month.

No construction was completed or started in the fourth quarter.

The San Gabriel valley office market, as a whole, is quite small. Its East and West submarkets have a combined 10.3 million square feet and represent 3 percent of the office buildings larger than 25,000 square feet in the L.A. basin.

There are no high-rise buildings in the San Gabriel Valley. Low-rise buildings make up 80 percent of the inventory, while mid-rise buildings make up the other 20 percent.


Related Articles

arrow_forward_ios
Intracorp SoCal president Prad Perozzi and IHP Capital Partners ceo and chairman Douglas Neff with a rendering of the project at 2607 S. Santa Anita Avenue in Arcadia (IHP Capital Partners, LinkedIn)
Joint venture plans 33 single family homes in San Gabriel Valley
Joint venture plans 33 single family homes in San Gabriel Valley
Whittier Mayor Kimberly Cobos-Cawthorne with layout of Montebello-Commerce Metrolink Statio tiny home village (Facebook, City of Montebello)
Whittier opens village of tiny homes for homeless residents
Whittier opens village of tiny homes for homeless residents
Legacy Partners' W. Dean Henry with The Verandas (Legacy Partners, The Verandas Apartments)
Legacy Partners unloads 209-unit apartment complex in West Covina for $92M
Legacy Partners unloads 209-unit apartment complex in West Covina for $92M
Wilbur Smith and Jeff Bezos with 1211 E. Badillo Street (Getty, Greenlawpartners, CBRE)
Greenlaw buys church site for Amazon warehouse
Greenlaw buys church site for Amazon warehouse
A photo illustration of 5123 Rosemead Boulevard (Lee & Associates)
Local investor picks up San Gabriel Valley apartment portfolio
Local investor picks up San Gabriel Valley apartment portfolio
Dunleer Group's BJ Turner and the warehouse (Dunleer, LoopNet)
Owner-occupant rakes in $10.6M for warehouse in San Gabriel Valley
Owner-occupant rakes in $10.6M for warehouse in San Gabriel Valley
Benedict Canyon Equities co-founding principal Jim Rosten and CEO Ryan Somers with Sagewood Gardens
Benedict Canyon Equities unloads 162-unit Hacienda Heights complex
Benedict Canyon Equities unloads 162-unit Hacienda Heights complex
Rick Edwards, partner at Seagrove Property Group and the property
Foreign investor drops $13.7M on fully leased shopping center in San Gabriel Valley
Foreign investor drops $13.7M on fully leased shopping center in San Gabriel Valley
arrow_forward_ios

The Deal's newsletters give you the latest scoops, fresh headlines, marketing data, and things to know within the industry.

Loading...