The Real Deal Miami

No word on Herald land deal

January 20, 2010 10:32AM

The fate of the Miami Herald’s parking lots remains unclear after the Jan. 19 deadline for prospective purchaser Mark Siffin elapsed with no corresponding announcement. The 10 acres were to be sold to Siffin in a deal that originated with developer Pedro Martin in 2005. He was to pay the newspaper $190 million, and later arranged to sell the land to Siffin for $230 million or more, although McClatchy, the parent of the Herald, would still get $190 million. McClatchy treasurer Elaine Lintecum said she had been told there would be no news on Tuesday. Siffin declined to comment. [Miami Herald]