An angry Boynton Beach landlord set his tenant on fire yesterday after the tenant was late with his rent payment, the Sun Sentinel reported. The tenant was often late with payments.
Jonathan Steinberg, who also lives in the house that his tenant Ronald Rohde was renting, splashed Rohde’s boxer shorts with rubbing alcohol and then set them alight.
The incident occurred on the 1600 block of Northeast Fourth Street, police said. Police arrested Steinberg and charged him with aggravated battery. [Sun Sentinel]