The Real Deal Miami

Battery in trash can causes fire in Palm Beach condo complex

December 20, 2011 03:52PM

A fire at the La Palma condominium in Palm Beach was caused by a
nine-volt battery left in a home office trash can, according to the Palm
Beach Daily News. While no one was at home at the time of the fire in
the unit, the complex, which is located at 2860 South Ocean Boulevard,
was evacuated. A shredder was first thought to be the cause of the
blaze, which caused $6,000 in damage, until the battery was found and
determined to have short-circuited, causing the fire. [Palm
Beach Daily News]