The National Register of Historic Places has officially recognized the two-story Curci House in Hallandale Beach as one of its own.
Hallandale Beach has never had a structure make it into the register until now. Free tours at the house, located at 324 Southwest Second Avenue at Southwest 4th Street, are offered on the first Saturday of each month. Also referred to as Villa Providence, the Curci House was constructed in 1924 and was nearly demolished in 2003.
Elsewhere in South Florida, the Spanish-Mediterranean revival David W. Dyer Federal Courthouse in Miami, which was built in 1933 and has been empty since 2008, is also listed on the National Register of Historic Places, as previously reported. [Sun-Sentinel] — Mark Maurer