Hollywood motels and apartments sell to gas station operator for $9M

Miami /
Apr.April 13, 2015 09:45 AM

Two motels and adjoining apartments in Hollywood sold for nearly three times their last combined sale price, Broward County records show.

No Worries Inc. and Treasure Inn sold the properties to Mid-Atlantic Petroleum Properties, a commercial real estate developer that owns and operates gas stations.

The Angelfish Inn, at 342 Buchanan Street, and the Stardust Motel and Apartments, at 915 North Ocean Drive, are separated by a 3,100-square-foot site. The Angelfish Inn has 11 rooms and sits on a 9,575-square-foot property. The 4,333-square-foot motel was last sold in May for $1.5 million, according to Broward County property records.

The Stardust includes 22 units and was last sold in August 2013 for $1.7 million. The 6,939-square-foot building was built in 1960 and sits on a 10,954-square-foot lot.

100 North Frederick Avenue owns 62 percent of the acquisition and Mid-Atlantic Petroleum Properties owns the remaining 38 percent, according to the deed. The sellers are Hollywood-based companies led by Jolanta and Daniel Kennedy, corporate records show.

Mid-Atlantic owns and operates more than 50 gas stations/convenience stores in Washington, D.C., Maryland, and Virginia, according to Yahoo. It was founded by Carlos Horcasitas and May-May Au in 1995 as a Chevron petroleum distributorship and operator of gas stations, convenience stores and car washes.

Nearby, the Meliá Costa Hollywood Beach condo-hotel is under construction. The 304-unit condo-hotel, developed by Liberty Grande, is opening in 2015 and will range from studios to one to three-bedroom apartments.


Related Articles

arrow_forward_ios
Rendering of spa planned at 1203 N Federal Highway (City of Hollywood)
Rags to riches: Upscale spa planned for former Hollywood homeless shelter site
Rags to riches: Upscale spa planned for former Hollywood homeless shelter site
BTI Partners CEO Noah Breakstone and a rendering of the new building at 1747 Van Buren Street (BTI Partners)
Hollywood’s Bread Building redevelopment project scores $83M loan
Hollywood’s Bread Building redevelopment project scores $83M loan
Legacy CEO Tom Cabrerizo and Stirling Village at 4150 Davie Road Extension (Legacy Residential, Google Maps)
Legacy Residential pays $17M for Hollywood apartments
Legacy Residential pays $17M for Hollywood apartments
From left: American Landmark’s Joseph Lubeck, Park Row Equity Partners’ President Alan Steinberg and the Park Colony Apartments at 812 South Park Road (Google Maps, American Landmark, Park Row Equity Partners)
American Landmark JV sells Hollywood apartments for $70M
American Landmark JV sells Hollywood apartments for $70M
Chateau Group's Manuel Grosskopf with 901 South Ocean Drive (LinkedIn, Google Maps)
Hollywood site of derailed condo project trades for $15.5M
Hollywood site of derailed condo project trades for $15.5M
From left: The Estate Companies' managing principal Robert Suris and principal Jeffrey Ardizon along with a rendering of Soleste Pompano Beach and a sitemap for Soleste Hollywood Boulevard (The Estate Companies)
Estate Companies’ Pompano Beach, Hollywood apartment projects advance
Estate Companies’ Pompano Beach, Hollywood apartment projects advance
Charles “Chip” Abele and the 1818 Park project at 1818 Hollywood Boulevard (1818 Park)
Charles “Chip” Abele sells Hollywood mixed-use project for $66M tied to $84M refi
Charles “Chip” Abele sells Hollywood mixed-use project for $66M tied to $84M refi
Sergio Agüero with 900 South Northlake Drive (Getty, 1 Oak Studios, iStock)
Soccer star Sergio Agüero pays record $15M for Hollywood mansion
Soccer star Sergio Agüero pays record $15M for Hollywood mansion
arrow_forward_ios

The Deal's newsletters give you the latest scoops, fresh headlines, marketing data, and things to know within the industry.

Loading...