Half of preconstruction condos in Fort Lauderdale Beach have sold: report
About half of all new condo construction in Fort Lauderdale Beach has been presold, according to a February update of the RelatedISG Miami Report – Fort Lauderdale Edition.
New construction is valued at $1.5 billion, according to the report. And out of 702 condo units in the pipeline, 356 or 51 percent have sold. RelatedISG included projects that had launched beginning in January 2012.
Here is a breakdown of what has been sold as of January of this year:
- 32One | 17 percent of 23 units
- 1800 Las Olas | 100 percent of 4 units
- Adagio on the Bay | 100 percent of 12 units
- AquaBlue Fort Lauderdale | 54 percent of 35 units
- AquaLuna Las Olas | 80 percent of 16 units
- AquaMar Las Olas | 50 percent of 20 units
- AquaVita Las Olas | 100 percent of 22 units
- Auberge North tower | 90 percent of 57 units
- Auberge South tower | 10 percent of 114 units
- Four Seasons Private Residences | 11 percent of 42 units
- Gale Hotel & Residences | 56 percent of 128 units
- Paramount Fort Lauderdale | 70 percent of 95 units
- Riva Fort Lauderdale | 60 percent of 100 units
- The Wave | 33 percent of 18 units
The report also cited Fort Lauderdale Beach’s value compared to Miami Beach over the year. From 1990 to 2010, oceanfront condos in Fort Lauderdale Beach were priced, on a per-square-foot basis, between about 25 percent and 30 percent less than in Miami Beach. In 2015, the difference increased to a whopping 261 percent. The report used data from Miami-Dade and Broward counties’ tax records and on-site sales offices.
BellaVita Las Olas, a 16-unit development, was also included. It has not yet launched sales. – Katherine Kallergis