Douglas Elliman Florida hosted its first annual Ellie awards at the Soho Beach House in Miami Beach in March.
The brokerage closed sales worth $22.4 billion nationwide in 2015, up from $18.4 billion in 2014. In Florida, the Elliman ended 2015 with a $2.4 billion sales volume, an increase of more than 100 percent from the year before, according to a press release. It also grew to more than 700 agents in South Florida, which includes Palm Beach, Wellington, Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Aventura and Miami Beach.
Just as in 2015, Pablo Alfaro of Elliman’s Miami Beach office earned the No. 1 spot for gross commission income, while the Chad Carroll Team earned the top spot among teams with the highest gross commission income. As an individual agent, Carroll also won top spot in the Miami Design District and Aventura areas. Other top teams included the Oren Alexander Team, Senada Adzem and Chris Leavitt Team, the Goihman Team and the Bill and Bryan Team.
Here’s a breakdown of the awards, which were all based on the highest commission incomes:
- Top individuals based on gross commission incomes: Pablo Alfaro, Niki Higgins, Erik Schneider, Raul Santidrian and Kayce Driscoll
- Miami Beach market: Oren Alexander, Pablo Alfaro, Raul Santidrian, Kayce Driscoll and James Bryan
- In Palm Beach County:
- Palm Beach market top individuals: Chris Leavitt, Betsy Green, Michael Harris, Steve Davis and Ashley McIntosh
- Wellington market: Visse Wedell, Kristina Lloyd, Martha Jolicoeur, Maria Mendelsohn and Mark Joseph Norman
- Boca Raton market: Senada Adzem, Pamela Fishman, Steven Solomon, John List and Tracy Roddy
- Fort Lauderdale market: Niki Higgins, Melanie Kimpton, Juan Noriega, Allen Peachell and Gilbert Stockton
The top commercial agents at Elliman Florida were Francis Clougherty, Mitash Kripalani and Fred Botwinik. Rookie of the year went to Cynthia King, while Betsy Green received the firm’s lifetime achievement award.
In Florida, Elliman is led by Jay Phillip Parker, CEO, and chief operating officer Gus Rubio. Rubio left ONE Sotheby’s International Realty last year to join Douglas Elliman.
The awards were held at Cecconi’s Miami Beach, at 4385 Collins Avenue. Elliman held its annual awards ceremony, dubbed the Ellies, in New York at Radio City Music Hall in February. – Katherine Kallergis and Sean Stewart-Muniz