JAG, Starwood Capital Group sell West Palm Beach complex: $56M

Miami /
Jul.July 01, 2016 04:45 PM

A joint venture purchased the Jefferson Palm Beach, a 282-unit apartment complex, for $56.1 million. 

McLean, Virginia-based Jefferson Apartment Group and Greenwich, Connecticut-based Starwood Capital Group sold the West Palm Beach property at 300 Courtney Lakes Circle. GP Florida LLC, a partnership between Dedicated West Palm Beach and GP Florida, is the buyer.

Dedicated West Palm, an affiliate of Toronto-based Brass Enterprises, acquired 92 percent of Jefferson Palm Beach. GP Florida, tied to San Francisco-based Grass Properties, bought the remaining 8 percent.

JAG developed the 11.14-acre project in 2014. The company bought the land in 2012 for a little more than $4 million.

Units at Jefferson Palm Beach range from one to three bedrooms and include washer/dryers, open floor plans and wood-style flooring. Amenities include a resort-style pool with cabanas, a fitness center, clubhouse, billiards lounge, outdoor terrace and a community conference room, according to its website.

In September, JAG and Starwood Capital Group sold a new Cooper City apartment community for $55 million to a Louisiana-based firm.

Earlier this week, The Real Deal took a look at the multifamily market in South Florida. Since the beginning of this year, investors and developers have traded more than $4 billion worth of multifamily properties in South Florida alone, and most deals were struck in suburban parts of Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach and Miami.


Related Articles

arrow_forward_ios
Conlon & Co's Sean Conlon with 206 Clematis Street (Loopnet, Conlon) 18 Million, West Palm
Sean Conlon pays $18M for historic apartment and retail building in downtown West Palm
Sean Conlon pays $18M for historic apartment and retail building in downtown West Palm
 Clearline Real Estate's Jenny Bernell with Block E at 1550 (Smith Aerials)
Ex-Kushner exec Jenny Bernell picks up A&E District development site in Miami for $20M
Ex-Kushner exec Jenny Bernell picks up A&E District development site in Miami for $20M
Dacar Management's Alberto Micha-Buzali with Residences and Shoppes (LinkedIn, Dacar Management)
Dacar scores $81M loan for Publix-anchored mixed-use project in Hialeah
Dacar scores $81M loan for Publix-anchored mixed-use project in Hialeah
LBCW Investments' Clay Hamlin III with 1100 25th Street and 1426 Skees Road (Loopnet, LBCW)
Industrial play: Alliance HP trades one West Palm complex for another
Industrial play: Alliance HP trades one West Palm complex for another
David Barry, principal, Ironstate Development along with a rendering of the proposed eight-story building between Northeast 26th and 27th Streets in Wynwood (Ironstate, 5G Studio Collaborative)
Developer proposes Urby-branded apartments on former Art by God site in Wynwood
Developer proposes Urby-branded apartments on former Art by God site in Wynwood
the Church of God Evangelical at 12830 Northeast Sixth Avenue in North Miami with Daniel Jaramillo and Tomas Sinisterra of Strategic Properties based in Miami (Google Maps, LinkedIn)
Praying for a profit? Developers plan multifamily project on North Miami church site, adjacent property
Praying for a profit? Developers plan multifamily project on North Miami church site, adjacent property
renderings of the proposed three-tower development on the site of an existing Hyatt and the James L. Knight Center on the Miami River at 400 Southeast Second Avenue, Miami (Arquitectonica, Gencom, LinkedIn)
Third time’s a charm? Hyatt and Gencom unveil new plan for hotel, apartments on James Knight Miami River site
Third time’s a charm? Hyatt and Gencom unveil new plan for hotel, apartments on James Knight Miami River site
Pantzer's Jason and Jordan Pantzer with The District Flats apartment complex at 1701 Clare Avenue (Pantzer Properties, Google Maps)
Pantzer pays $78M for West Palm Beach apartment complex
Pantzer pays $78M for West Palm Beach apartment complex
arrow_forward_ios

The Deal's newsletters give you the latest scoops, fresh headlines, marketing data, and things to know within the industry.

Loading...