Multiple balconies with panoramic views of the ocean and city. A private rooftop deck with pool. Gourmet chef’s kitchen. Smart home features. That’s what you can get if you have $30,000 or more to blow on rent each month in South Beach.
At least nine condo units are currently available for $30,000 to $40,000 per month, according to the Multiple Listing Service. Most of the units are at the Setai Resort & Residences, a favored hangout of the Kardashians (Kourtney reportedly stayed at the Setai Miami Beach during Fourth of July weekend). Other pricey units can be found at the Continuum, Glass, Apogee and the Netherland, all in Miami Beach’s burgeoning South-of-Fifth neighborhood.
So what does the equivalent of a new Mercedes CLA 200 each much in rent gets you, according to the MLS listings?
- $40,000/month at Setai Resort & Residences, 101 20th Street, unit 3603: The redesigned three-bedroom, three-bath unit has an open floor plan and panoramic ocean, city and sunset views. The condo has 1,588 square feet, with floor-to-ceiling glass windows, hardwood flooring, luxurious finishes and two balconies.
- $40,000/month at Continuum South Tower, 100 South Pointe Drive, unit 3303: Renovated corner unit spans 3,335 square feet, with a smart system that controls all three bedrooms and three-and-a-half bathrooms.
- $35,000/month at Setai Resort & Residences, 101 20th Street, unit 2108: Southeast corner apartment has 1,242 square feet, with two bedrooms and two bathrooms.
- $35,000/month at Setai Resort & Residences, 101 20th Street, unit 2802: The three-bedroom, three-bath unit spans 2,354 square feet.
- $31,500/month at the Netherland, 1330 Ocean Drive, unit R9A: This two-story penthouse has three bedrooms and three-and-a-half bathrooms. The 3,080-square-foot condo features 360-degree views from seven different terraces. It also has a private rooftop deck and pool.
$30,000/month at the Setai Resort & Residences, 101 20th Street, unit THB: This newly renovated, two-story townhome has two bedrooms and one bathroom. The 1.765-square-foot unit sports a double-height ceiling and oversized balcony.
- $30,000/month at the Continuum North Tower, 50 South Pointe Drive, unit 2501: The 2,872-square foot unit has four bedrooms and four-and-a-half bathrooms. The open floorplan includes floor-to-ceiling windows, sliding glass doors, four oceanfront balconies and a gourmet chef’s kitchen.
$30,000/month at Glass, 120 Ocean Drive, unit 900: This full-floor unit has 3,389 square feet, plus a 2,005-square-foot wraparound balcony. With three bedrooms and three-and-a-half bathrooms, the unit features an Italkraft kitchen with SubZero and Gaggeneau appliances, a wine bar, walnut and Basaltina lava stone flooring and a master bath with Arabescato marble.
$30,000/month at Apogee, 800 South Pointe Drive, unit 1702: The four-bedroom, four-bathroom unit has 3,103 square feet. It offers a flow-through floor plan featuring an open kitchen with island, Miele appliances, master suite with spa-like bath and 11-foot wide balconies with summer kitchen.
Nelson Gonzalez, senior vice president of EWM International Realty, the listing agent for Apogee unit 1702, said demand for $30,000 a month rentals is strong. In fact, he recently rented Apogee unit 1203 for $30,000 a month to someone who was already renting in the condo tower and decided to move to a different unit. “Apogee is a very special building,” he told The Real Deal, citing the privacy, security and exclusivity.
“The market is strong for $30,000 a month rentals,” Gonzalez said. “We’re renting condos and homes for that kind of money — plus.”