From the New York site: Mar-a-Lago, President Donald Trump‘s Florida resort and club, has quickly become known as the “Winter White House.” Trump himself has also referred to it as his “Southern White House,” as he has already spent several consecutive weekends there during his time in office.
Mar-a-Lago became the subject of an ethical debate after the president was photographed being briefed on North Korea’s missile test while hosting Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe at the resort in February. Democrats in Congress have called for Trump to release lists of the dignitaries he plans to host at the Palm Beach resort, as well as a complete list of paying members, in order to resolve potential conflicts of interest. The club has not yet done so.
According to The New York Times, the number of applications to join the club soared in the wake of Trump’s election as president. The club recently doubled its initial membership fee to $200,000, and members must also pay $14,000 in annual fees. Mar-a-Lago has nearly 500 members, and there are still some memberships available. Those who do join are welcome to enjoy the 20-acre club’s beach, pool, spa, and dining options along with many of those in Trump’s inner circle.
The Times and Politico recently published incomplete lists of Mar-a-Lago’s members, many of whom are Wall Streeters, real estate moguls, energy executives, and Trump campaign donors. We’ve rounded up 15 of the most notable names among them.
15. Bill Belichick is the head coach of the New England Patriots.
14. Bill Koch, brother to Charles and David Koch, founded petroleum and oil refiner Oxbow Carbon.
13. Howie Carr is a radio talk show host and columnist for the Boston Herald.
12. Thomas Peterffy is the founder, chairman, and CEO of Interactive Brokers Group.
11. Real estate mogul Richard LeFrak is chairman and CEO of New York City-based property company LeFrak.
10. Kenneth M. Duberstein is a lobbyist and corporate consultant for companies like Pfizer, Dow Chemicals, and America’s Health Insurance Plans.
9. Janet Weiner is part owner and CFO of Rockstar Energy Drink.
8. Diane Lokey Farb is a Houston, Texas-based real estate broker.
Beautiful @hougrandopera Concert of Arias🎶 Thank you Diane Lokey Farb for the invite🎼🖤 Check out the photos on @houstonchron written by @amberjelliott . Photo📸 by @priscilla_dickson_photography * Today’s post on Bethielife.com @carmenmarcvalvo #hgo #opera #houstonblogger #concert #arias #houstongrandopera
7. George Norcross is an insurance executive and a leader in New Jersey’s Democratic Party.
6. Bruce Toll, third from the left, is the co-founder of Toll Brothers.
5. Jeff Greene is a real estate tycoon and energy investor.
4. James Dolan is the owner of the New York Knicks and executive chairman of The Madison Square Garden Company.
3. Beth Stern is an actress, model, and the wife of Howard Stern.
2. Avram Glazer’s family owns the NFL Tampa Bay Buccaneers and controls the English football club Manchester United.
1. Bestselling fiction author James Patterson is also a member of Mar-a-Lago.