Venture bets $135M on big retail center near Disney

Miami /
May.May 07, 2017 01:00 PM

A joint venture is investing $135 million to build a 456,000-square-foot, open-air shopping center in Orlando near the Walt Disney World Resort.

Chicago-based LaSalle Investment Management formed the joint venture with New York City-based real estate developer O’Conner Capital Partners to build the retail development, called Vineland Pointe.

LaSalle is investing 90 percent of the equity in the project and O’Conner the remaining 10 percent, sources said.

Vineland Pointe is a three-phase development already 60 percent pre-leased to such retailers as Ross Dress for Less, Marshalls and Burlington Coat Factory as well as food and entertainment tenants, including Shake Shack and Alamo Theater.

LaSalle said those tenants are growing retailers resistant to competition from e-commerce websites.

Construction of phase one will start in June and is scheduled to open in the summer of 2018. [Wall Street Journal]Mike Seemuth


Related Articles

arrow_forward_ios
The current Miami Beach North Shore library with Mayor Dan Gelber (Google Maps, Gelber)
Miami Beach seeks buyers for city-owned development sites
Miami Beach seeks buyers for city-owned development sites
Developer David Edelstein and Robert Levine of RAL Development with the project (Getty, RAL)
David Edelstein, partner close on missing piece of Wynwood assemblage for office towers
David Edelstein, partner close on missing piece of Wynwood assemblage for office towers
David Grutman and Pharrell’s Goodtime Hotel had received nearly 30 noise violations (Carma Connected, Getty)
Too much of a good time? David Grutman and Pharrell’s Goodtime Hotel could lose entertainment permit
Too much of a good time? David Grutman and Pharrell’s Goodtime Hotel could lose entertainment permit
Related Companies Chairman Stephen Ross with One Flagler (Related, Getty)
Prayers answered? Related Companies closes on church site for planned office tower in downtown West Palm
Prayers answered? Related Companies closes on church site for planned office tower in downtown West Palm
Grover Corlew principal Mark Corlew with Bank of America Tower in Boca Raton (Grover Corlew)
Grover Corlew buys Bank of America Tower in Boca Raton for $45M
Grover Corlew buys Bank of America Tower in Boca Raton for $45M
The partially collapsed 12-story Champlain Towers South condo building (Getty)
Inside the tug-of-war over the Surfside condo site’s future
Inside the tug-of-war over the Surfside condo site’s future
Moishe Mana and the downtown parking lot he purchased (Google Maps, Getty)
Moishe Mana expands downtown Miami assemblage with $12M purchase
Moishe Mana expands downtown Miami assemblage with $12M purchase
(Photos courtesy of Miami Historic Preservation, Smith Aerials, Colliers)
Development site near MiamiCentral hits the market
Development site near MiamiCentral hits the market
arrow_forward_ios

The Deal's newsletters give you the latest scoops, fresh headlines, marketing data, and things to know within the industry.

Loading...