Starwood sells Sunrise office building to Barron Collier Cos.

Tenants include Ford Motor Co. and Performant Financial Corp.

Miami /
Sep.September 26, 2018 10:30 AM

Barry Sternlicht and Sawgrass Pointe II

A partnership led by Starwood Capital Group just sold another one of its office buildings within Sawgrass International Corporate Park in Sunrise, this time for $27.25 million.

SVT Sawgrass Point II LP, tied to Starwood, sold Sawgrass Pointe II at 1200 Sawgrass Corporate Parkway for about $280 per square foot to a joint venture between Barron Collier Cos. and Vanderbilt Office Properties, property records show. The partners financed the deal with a $13.55 million loan from Wells Fargo Bank.

Records show Sawgrass Pointe II last traded for $20 million in 2015. The property was part of a larger nine-property office portfolio that Duke Realty sold for a total of $178.3 million.

The 95,800-square-foot, three-story building is home to automobile giant Ford Motor Co. and Performant Financial Corp.

Barron Collier Companies now has a 97 percent interest in the building, with the remaining 3 percent owned by Vanderbilt Office Properties.

Earlier this year, the partnership, including Starwood, Trinity Capital Advisors and Vanderbilt Office Properties, sold Sawgrass Pointe I for $51.1 million.

Barron Collier Companies is a family-run company that has operates commercial real estate, residential properties, oil exploration, agri-business and golf courses in Florida. Collier County in southwest Florida is named after the company’s founder, Barron Collier, who in the 1920s amassed a large portfolio of land in the area.


Related Articles

arrow_forward_ios
Hollywood Locations' Christopher Ursitti and 1400 Northwest 31st Avenue (Hollywood Locations, Google Maps)
Movie studio complex may rise on former incinerator site in Fort Lauderdale
Movie studio complex may rise on former incinerator site in Fort Lauderdale
Nuveen Real Estate CEO Mike Nuveen and the Oasis at Springtree apartment complex at 3551 Northwest 85th Way in Sunrise (Nuveen Real Estate, Apartments.com, iStock)
Nuveen buys Sunrise apartment complex for $44M
Nuveen buys Sunrise apartment complex for $44M
McDowell wants to build 201 apartments near Homestead, puts land under contract
McDowell wants to build 201 apartments near Homestead, puts land under contract
McDowell wants to build 201 apartments near Homestead, puts land under contract
Jackie Soffer with 2750 Northeast 199th Street (Google Maps, Turnberry.com)
Jackie Soffer’s Turnberry proposes office/retail project near Aventura Mall
Jackie Soffer’s Turnberry proposes office/retail project near Aventura Mall
Morgan Group, partners plan 452-unit Sunrise rental development with affordable housing
Morgan Group, partners plan 452-unit Sunrise rental development with affordable housing
Morgan Group, partners plan 452-unit Sunrise rental development with affordable housing
A rendering of the planned 235-unit garden-style complex in front of the current vacant retail site at 8083 West Oakland Park Boulevard (Luxcom, Google Maps)
Oscar Barbara’s Luxcom scores $41M construction loan for Sunrise apartments
Oscar Barbara’s Luxcom scores $41M construction loan for Sunrise apartments
Bo Boulenger, president and CEO of Baptist Health South Florida and renderings of the planned hospital at 12401 W. Oakland Park Blvd. (Baptist Health South Florida)
Baptist Health beats out rival bid for Sunrise site of its first hospital in Broward
Baptist Health beats out rival bid for Sunrise site of its first hospital in Broward
Kobi and Nancy Karp buy Walgreens-leased property in Delray Beach
Kobi and Nancy Karp buy Walgreens-leased property in Delray Beach
Kobi and Nancy Karp buy Walgreens-leased property in Delray Beach
arrow_forward_ios

The Deal's newsletters give you the latest scoops, fresh headlines, marketing data, and things to know within the industry.

Loading...