Forbes reported that New York City remains the most popular address in the world among billionaires.
New York is home to 84 billionaires with a collective net worth of $469.7 billion, which is more than the annual economic output of Austria. The Big Apple’s wealthiest resident is media magnate and former mayor Michael Bloomberg, with a net worth of $55.5 billion, Forbes reported.
Since 2015, New York has topped the annual Forbes list of the 10 cities around the world with the largest billionaire populations.
The cities on Forbes’ 2019 list are the same as those in the 2018 list but in a different order. San Francisco, for example, added eight billionaires – including Levi Strauss heiress Mimi Haas and Coinbase co-founder Brian Armstrong – and moved up to seventh place from tenth.
China has the largest number of cities in the top 10: fourth-ranked Beijing, sixth-ranked Shanghai and eighth-ranked Shenzhen.
Here are the top 10 cities and their billionaire population counts:
10. Mumbai, 37 billionaires (-8 since 2018)
9. Seoul, 38 billionaires (=3)
8. Shenzhen, 39 billionaires (-5)
7. San Francisco, 42 billionaires, (+8)
6. Shanghai, 45 billionaires (-5)
5. London, 55 billionaires (+0)
4. Beijing, 61 billionaires (-3)
3. Moscow, 71 billionaires (-6)
2. Hong Kong, 79 billionaires (+2)
1. New York City, 84 billionaires (+1)
[Forbes] – Mike Seemuth