First teen sentenced in shopping cart assault of Elliman agent

TRD New York /
Feb.February 29, 2012 05:30 PM

One of two boys charged with pushing a shopping cart off a Harlem Target last October, critically injuring Prudential Douglas Elliman agent Marion Hedges, was sentenced today to up to 18 months in a group home, DNAinfo reported.

The 13-year old boy, who has not been named because of his age, will be sent to a facility called Graham Windham in Hastings-on-the-Hudson, N.Y. where he must remain for at least six months while he completes a “treatment and education program,” DNAinfo said.

Manhattan Family Court Judge Susan Larabee said the boy would benefit from the home’s “structured setting,” after a history of school suspensions and misbehavior since his arrest last year.

Hedges’ life was saved by a resident at New York Hospital, who happened to be nearby when the assault occurred. A law enforcement source told the New York Post last month that the agent “will never be the same. … She will have cognitive issues.” Her husband recently filed a lawsuit against the shopping center, citing lax security. [DNAinfo]


Related Articles

arrow_forward_ios

Target is taking over the old Toys ‘R’ Us space at a Brooklyn shopping complex

A new Target store’s homage to its historic East Village club ends in apologies

Target leases 50K sf store in East Flatbush

Target signs for 23K sf at Essex Crossing

ESRT hits the bullseye with Target on 34th Street

Target signs lease at Xinyuan’s Hell’s Kitchen condo project

Bull’s-eye: Extell nabs Target at East Village development

Target inks 38K sf lease in Midwood

arrow_forward_ios