- Ensure accuracy of invoices sent to customers and collect payments for all designated sales areas by due date.
- Point of contact for any AR related issues/inquires with customers.
- Work with sales team to ensure that any revenue reported is appropriately invoiced for.
- Work directly with collection agencies to resolve any payment issues in a timely manner.
- Prepare weekly AR aging report and adjust the balance in the G/L against payments received.
- Participate in the month end closing process.
- Keep the AR balance low to ensure that there is no adverse effect on cash.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited College or University.
- 1-3 years related work experience.
- Advanced MS Excel skills required (e.g. Vlookups, Pivot tables).
- QuickBooks experience desired.
- This position requires communication with customers on a daily basis and excellent verbal and written skills are a must.
Who We Are:
The Real Deal is the largest real-estate news outlet in the US, reaching millions of professionals daily through our media channels. We have received 60+ awards for editorial excellence over the past six years, including the General Excellence award from the Society of Business Writers and Editors.
Quantcast rates us among the 300-most visited sites in the US and the website with the wealthiest audience and one of the most educated.
As a publication, The Real Deal is to real estate what Variety is to entertainment or what Politico is to Beltway politics – a plugged-in news outlet that is read by the entire industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We partner with our employees to support diversity and inclusion in the workplace and through higher education programs supporting rising journalists.