This is a “Hunter” role with outbound/cold outreach experience in a SaaS/Ad Sales environment. The ideal candidate will have at least 2-3 years selling SaaS/advertising solutions with a consultative approach. Typical deal size ranges from $10K – $100K/year.
Long-term we expect you to increase revenue generated from local and national Real Estate and Endemic industry Advertisers, significantly grow our portfolio of local accounts, drive and oversee the successful launch and execution of our premier Real Estate industry events and build sales of our online advertising products.
- Develop, maintain, and prospect new business across digital, print and event channels
- Build and manage a sales pipeline to ensure a constant stream of sales and achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets
- Manage sales activity, pipeline reporting and revenue forecasts using our CRM system
- Work with sales management to develop account strategies
- Work with other departments to ensure ad placements are placed, trafficked, and invoiced properly
- Maintain strong relationships with key decision makers in the industry; network externally and represent TRD at industry events
- Demonstrated ability to exceed sales targets and proactively grow accounts
- Strong work ethic for revenue producing activities, including telephone sales and in-person meetings
- Strong communication and people skills; ability to deliver engaging and informative presentations
- Tech savvy with experience in Sales CRM systems, campaign performance reporting tools
- Ability to work well under pressure with multiple deadlines and assignments
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years’ ad sales experience in a client-facing role within the media industry.
- Real estate experience and experience in the events and circulation spaces a plus
Who We Are:
The Real Deal is the largest real-estate news outlet in the US, reaching millions of professionals daily through our media channels. We have received 60+ awards for editorial excellence over the past six years, including the General Excellence award from the Society of Business Writers and Editors.
Quantcast rates us among the 300-most visited sites in the US and the website with the wealthiest audience and one of the most educated.
As a publication, The Real Deal is to real estate what Variety is to entertainment or what Politico is to Beltway politics – a plugged-in news outlet that is read by the entire industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We partner with our employees to support diversity and inclusion in the workplace and through higher education programs supporting rising journalists.