The Real Deal is looking to hire an Audience Development Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience in developing strategies for increasing audience exposure as well as extending engagement via social media, newsletters, partnerships, SEO and other distribution channels. You should be comfortable working with editorial, leveraging testing strategies, and gleaning insights from data within and outside the company, while maintaining the brand’s standards, tone, voice and integrity.
- Spearhead paid content distribution strategies that deliver results, including onsite and offsite social platforms, audience growth and development, engagement, and social following
- Optimize SEO packaging of content, including social copy, tags, titles, and thumbnails, across platforms to broaden audience reach
- Be the point person for audience development trends and best practices and share with the editorial, video, and marketing teams
- Manage budgets for multiple audience development initiatives
- Collaboratively work with marketing and social media teams to develop and execute coordination of online campaigns for various TRD events, ensuring online performance is effective and providing adjustments as needed
- Conduct performance reports and competitive analyses to inform editorial, video, digital and marketing teams with an eye toward digital media trends.
- At least 3-4 years of audience development experience in an agency or digital/editorial publishing
- History of creating strategies to grow exposure on our various social media channels
- Strong analytics experience using Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Facebook Insights, ChartBeat, Sprout, and other analytics tools
- Deep understanding of audience behavior, engagement strategies, what makes people share things on various social media and distribution platforms
Who We Are:
The Real Deal is the largest real-estate news outlet in the US, reaching millions of professionals daily through our media channels. We have received 60+ awards for editorial excellence over the past six years, including the General Excellence award from the Society of Business Writers and Editors.
Quantcast rates us among the 300-most visited sites in the US and the website with the wealthiest audience and one of the most educated.
As a publication, The Real Deal is to real estate what Variety is to entertainment or what Politico is to Beltway politics – a plugged-in news outlet that is read by the entire industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We partner with our employees to support diversity and inclusion in the workplace and through higher education programs supporting rising journalists.