- Digging and writing breaking news stories for the website each day
- Developing sources
- Working on longer form features
- Finding creative, original angles in other publications’ stories
- At least three years of reporting experience, preferably in a breaking news environment
- Possesses a sharp eye for news
- Can write clean, effortless copy with bite
- Experience and interest in business reporting
- Understands complex financial markets
- Track record of working well under tight deadlines
- Sees the possibilities for groundbreaking stories in the real estate industry
- Knowledge of WordPress and various social media platforms is a plus, as is research experience
- Position would begin remotely, but preferably based in South Florida with market knowledge or willing to relocate here. But candidates on the East Coast can also be considered.
Who We Are:
The Real Deal is the largest real-estate news outlet in the US, reaching millions of professionals daily through our media channels. We have received 60+ awards for editorial excellence over the past six years, including the General Excellence award from the Society of Business Writers and Editors.
Quantcast rates us among the 300-most visited sites in the US and the website with the wealthiest audience and one of the most educated.
As a publication, The Real Deal is to real estate what Variety is to entertainment or what Politico is to Beltway politics – a plugged-in news outlet that is read by the entire industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We partner with our employees to support diversity and inclusion in the workplace and through higher education programs supporting rising journalists.