The Real Deal is seeking an experienced proofreader to proof the manuscript of TRD’s upcoming book, a compendium of New York City’s real estate history (approx. 90k words).
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 5 years experience with proofreading and/or copy editing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with business journalism and real estate is a plus
- Proofread the manuscript for spelling, grammar, and punctuation in accordance with the TRD style guide and brand
- Identify any inconsistencies or inaccuracies in the text
- Communicate and collaborate efficiently with the publisher and editors
- Ensure adherence to deadlines and communicate status and progress when needed
Qualified applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Who We Are:
The Real Deal is the largest real-estate news outlet in the US, reaching millions of professionals daily through our media channels. We have received 60+ awards for editorial excellence over the past six years, including the General Excellence award from the Society of Business Writers and Editors.
Quantcast rates us among the 300-most visited sites in the US and the website with the wealthiest audience and one of the most educated.
As a publication, The Real Deal is to real estate what Variety is to entertainment or what Politico is to Beltway politics – a plugged-in news outlet that is read by the entire industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We partner with our employees to support diversity and inclusion in the workplace and through higher education programs supporting rising journalists.